• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Dang, my birth state going wack’o

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

Part of the registration process would include filling out an application that included:

• Name, age, sex and date of birth
    • Personal and business addresses
    • Telephone number
    • Social security number
    • Citizenship status
    • Make, model, caliber/gauge, type and serial number of each firearm
    • Two photographs taken within 30 days immediately prior to the date of filing the application equivalent to passport size showing the full face, head and shoulders of the applicant in a clear and distinguishing manner
    • Fingerprints

The application will be approved or denied within 30 days. If approved, a certificate will be provided to the gun owner, who is expected to carry the piece of paper with the firearm at all times. Police would also be allowed to stop people and ask gun owners if he or she is carrying their certificate with them.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    As with MD, PA is run by two or three jurisdictions; Philly, Pittsburgh. Harrisburg. I was born in Luzerne County which went for Trump after twice voting for O’Bummer. The state worries me.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    As with MD, PA is run by two or three jurisdictions; Philly, Pittsburgh. Harrisburg. I was born in Luzerne County which went for Trump after twice voting for O’Bummer. The state worries me.

I don't know about that, the Pennsylvania General Assembly Republican to Democrat ratio is no where near Maryland's ratio.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You can see the whole list here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=345607

Make sure to oppose all the anti gun bills. If the list look familiar the same Bloomberg lobbyists probably wrote them. The list for VA is probably similar.

As with Maryland, there are a lot of bills introduced every year and most die in committee. Unlike MD, there is a strong culture of gun ownership, a state constitutional right to keep and bear arms, plus open carry is legal and a LTC concealed is like $10. And PA is a swing state.

Oh and open carry march in Pittsburgh, yeah that actually happened. Find the video. Wake me when protesters in Annapolis are open carrying real rifles.

PA is not MD.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    PA is not MD.

I totally agree that pa is so far from what we are here in md, just saying the sickness is spreading for sure. Look at the country as a whole.

All they got to do is get 1/10th of their laws passed each time and given enough time it becomes what they want. It just takes time. 20 years ago none of the politics Ian's would have had the balls to even propose something that crazy, but now they do.

I think we are so different t from California or nj or ny, but 20 years ago they were not much different then we are today. This stuff does not happen overnight.

I was shocked to even see this proposed In pa.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I was shocked to even see this proposed In pa.

Meh. it's been a shit show since Wolf got elected. Have you seen gas prices in PA? I never thought I'd see higher taxes on gas than in MD, but cross the border gas is like .25 more.

PA swings like a pendulum. It'll come back. It's coming back.

Open carry a few times in PA and tell me the disease is spreading.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Meh. it's been a shit show since Wolf got elected. Have you seen gas prices in PA? I never thought I'd see higher taxes on gas than in MD, but cross the border gas is like .25 more.

Fwiw.....
    I'm surrounded by Marylanders daily. Infringements left and right coming at us. I read about ct....NY...nj....Cali...what they have had come upon them....then I see what gets proposed here....
    Then I see it proposed in pa and I think wtf...how..just how can they even get away with proposing it there.

Like you said though..open carry....love it.
    It's open carry there and the carry laws that I see spreading in other states that give me hope and make me realize that its just bad here. But there definitely is a national mentality that has some sickness to it. Look at how brazen some of these politicians are now a day. Look at Ilhan Omar, IDA not thought she would have ever gotten where she is based upon how she acts and the things she says. But here she is. Its stuff like that, that makes me wonder where we are heading. And to top it all off, we know what their agenda is when it comes to 2a.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    What's the problem? You only have to register your guns once a year every year with photos and fingerprints. What could be more fair than that? Always vote democrat my boys.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Diesel in Chadds Ford was $3.43 yesterday, it's $2.99 in MD (near me).

PA has lost it's mind with fuel taxes.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    cut & pasted from another forum:

If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom