• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So I guess to compete with the Glock 33 round sticks, Magpul has released a 27 round 9MM mag selling for around $20.

I have a couple Magpul 21 round Glock mags for my AR9 and they feed fine, Has anyone tried the 27s? I want them for my Ruger PCC.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Your post is timely.

I HAVE had issues with the 27 round mags and the Ruger PC Carbine.

They work for the first 10 rounds, go intermittent for the next couple, then towards the bottom of the stack they run fine.

I have two mags but have only tested ONE of them up to this point.

Going to try again possibly this weekend. With both the problemsome mag and the new one. Will let you know what happens.

Just for edification the 17 round Magpul mags run like a trooper, as do the Glock 33 Rd happy sticks.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Your post is timely.

They work for the first 10 rounds, go intermittent for the next couple, then towards the bottom of the stack they run fine.

Going to try again possibly this weekend. With both the problemsome mag and the new one. Will let you know what happens.

Just for edification the 17 round Magpul mags run like a trooper, as do the Glock 33 Rd happy sticks.

Interesting, please report back. I've only tried one of mine in the PCC with no issue. Haven't tried the 27 at all in a pistol. 17 and 21rd work flawlessly with both PCC and pistols. Maybe I have an excuse to go to the range tomorrow now.

Your post is timely.

If you can, test them in a Glock to see if it's the mag or the firearm please. That will pretty much tell if it's the PCC or mag...What ammo were you using?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    21rd=140mm 27rd=170mm, so legal for their respective 3gun/USPSA divisions. 140mm legal makes sense, being popular for a ton of divisions, while still being relatively practical for defense/range use, and way cheaper than 17 mags with expensive +5 extensions. Thought it odd they would bring out 170mm legal before a big 40ish round PCC stick, but that definitely has to be on the drawing board.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If you can, test them in a Glock to see if it's the mag or the firearm please. That will pretty much tell if it's the PCC or mag...What ammo were you using?

So I will do that.... However my Glock 17 is a Gen 2 so may not 100% tell us what we are looking at here.

Will do my best!

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    My 17 does NOT like the 21 round version. Multiple brands/grains of ammo...no dice. YMMV
    The 27s might, but I'm reluctant to try them. All factory versions are flawless. :shrug:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That’s my rub. What do I try for larger mags since it is so hard to acquire them outside MD, plus the cost of testing.

I’ve got a couple of KCI happy sticks that seem to run fine. I am thinking I will get more. That said, I’d like to try to get some 21 and/or 27 also magpuls.

Something I am curious about is, I am guessing cost and/or reliability, why no triple or quad stack Glock mags? (Yes I know only the portion below the magwell could be triple/quad) I guess maybe PCCs that take them haven’t been around long enough. Anyway, something like a 40rnd quad stack that is the length of a 25rnd would be neat.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Or find a trusted friend who lives out of state to order them for you and go pick them up...take your guns...have a range day...enjoy your friendship over a day poking holes in paper and shooting steel...

Amen, I have a few dozen standard capacity mags/drums waiting for me at a friends in PA.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Update:

Went to the range yesterday, and used both of my new Magpul 27 round mags in my PC Carbine.

New: Took it out of the bag, and put 27 rounds through it, no issue.
    Used: The one mag I have been having trouble with did function correctly this time. I had compressed the spring in the middle, so not sure if that helped or wasn't even necessary.

Glock 17 gen2: Put 27 rounds through it no issue, however it fell out of the magwell with two rounds left. Not sure if it actually seated properly.

More to come, I only get 1/2 hour windows and am expending a lot of ammo just to test.

So I will do that.... However my Glock 17 is a Gen 2 so may not 100% tell us what we are looking at here.

Will do my best!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Update:

Went to the range yesterday, and used both of my new Magpul 27 round mags in my PC Carbine.

New: Took it out of the bag, and put 27 rounds through it, no issue.
    Used: The one mag I have been having trouble with did function correctly this time. I had compressed the spring in the middle, so not sure if that helped or wasn't even necessary.

Glock 17 gen2: Put 27 rounds through it no issue, however it fell out of the magwell with two rounds left. Not sure if it actually seated properly.

More to come, I only get 1/2 hour windows and am expending a lot of ammo just to test.

The 21 rounders run fine in my handguns, but have to be slammed into my PCC/PCPs, they seem to fit a little tighter aggainst the mag catch, filed just a hair off of the catch cutout on the mags to get them to work perfectly in both, but ended up stocking up on factory mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom