• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    100% CORRECT! WTH is wrong with you folks? You are giving up and deciding to be criminals instead of fighting it. We DO have the power to vote these idiots out of office. The hard part is how do we get everyone out to vote?

We need to be the squeaky wheel. We need to get the message out. There are independents in this state who are not happy with what is going on.

Hopefully RGB is soon gone from the SCOTUS. It already appears the SCOTUS is now open to hearing 2A cases - that is a huge victory for us. Just a few decent rulings could flip the entire momentum our way.

It will take a damn lot of work, but it is far from impossible.

Just my 2 cents.

No disrespect intended, but I don't think that people planning for the worst is a sign of giving up the ship. I plan on doing what I can to fight this... I think we all are. But I'm not going to be Pollyanna about the outcome. Heck, I have a Plan A, B, and C for something as mundane as breakfast... why wouldn't I have a Plan X for something as important as this? Rest assured, Plan A is to fight this so that this horrible unconstitutional bill never sees the light of day.

BTW, you have my respect and admiration for all that you do for the cause.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Not complying on md is nothing new. People have been "not comply" ing with drug prohibition for years. If you want advice on what to expect when you choose to not follow a law, roll on down to bmore and talk to a dealer.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    The hard part is how do we get everyone out to vote?

You need lots of money and a good message. The only other thing that gets lazy people out voting is when it is already too late. Look at the Tea Party. Lots of galvanized people but it was only after we were getting the heavy hand of government forced upon us that they rose up. Now you don't hear much about them. Hopefully the people who identified with the movement are still voting regularly but history says otherwise.

I expect VA will soon have such a movement. Most of the gun owners there have their heads in the sand and won't pop up until all the sudden they find out they can't buy their favorite whatever.

Are there any pro-2A Bloomberg billionaires around anywhere willing to help?

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    It's an easy way to phase out guns...
    [snip]

All the way back from post #3 and it needs repeating. Whether or not you comply is only a *minor* concern. The goal is disarming the populace and nullifying 2A. "Grandfathering" is just an attempt at quieting the rabble (and the FUDDs). This is a long term game.

Anyone breathing a sigh of relief that their guns are "grandfathered" contribute to the problem.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Has there been any challenging of these type of laws that do not allow for grandfather clauses. I know they are challenged by groups and all but has anyone who was actually convicted just for possession, not with any other charges to go along. I think that is what is really needed to challenge this issue. An otherwise law abiding citizen who bought something legally and never got rid of it. Also what is the onus on a citizen to keep up with the laws, I know we as 2A keep up with them but how many people even cops keep up with all of the laws. I am sure there are car/driving laws I am not up to date on, if they retroactively made some mod on my truck I would have no clue, I guess they would issue a repair order for that, but for 2A stuff they want to throw the book at you and take your rights for the rest of your life so its a little different.

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    Not complying on md is nothing new. People have been "not comply" ing with drug prohibition for years. If you want advice on what to expect when you choose to not follow a law, roll on down to bmore and talk to a dealer.

Or go down to the block. Where they forced most of the strip cubs to relocate next to the police HQ. At least 2 are brothels. They never get busted. Can you say police corruption?

Are there any pro-2A Bloomberg billionaires around anywhere willing to help?

I can think of at least 3 hollyweird multi-MILLIONAIRES and musicians that are pro 2A. They are rare, unfortunately :(

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    100% CORRECT! WTH is wrong with you folks? You are giving up and deciding to be criminals instead of fighting it. We DO have the power to vote these idiots out of office. The hard part is how do we get everyone out to vote?

We need to be the squeaky wheel. We need to get the message out. There are independents in this state who are not happy with what is going on.

Hopefully RGB is soon gone from the SCOTUS. It already appears the SCOTUS is now open to hearing 2A cases - that is a huge victory for us. Just a few decent rulings could flip the entire momentum our way.

It will take a damn lot of work, but it is far from impossible.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm liking you more and more.

As to the original posters question, it's called suicide by cop.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    You go on about your business like nothing has changed. These "laws" are meant to do exactly what the above posts say...scare you so bad you never take your firearms out of the safe. MSP isn't going to be sitting in the parking lot of your range looking to inspect your guns...and if they ask to you have the right to say no..They have no right to look at anything...They can ask you questions which you have zero obligation to answer. Get a business card made that says NO QUESTIONS ANSWERED and hand it to them if they ask.

1) Politely say “No thank you officer. I do not talk to police.”

2) “I positively assert my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.”

The key, of course, is to,say nothing after you say this. Reopening the conversation in any way waives your right.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    1. Engage and fight each attack as law abiding citizens with Rights.
    2. Continue to waste my vote and phone calls since I live in Baltimore County and it will never count.
    3. Develop alternate plans for down the road. Lots of places make crazy laws but you typically do not here about what happens after. I hope because the answer is not much.
    4. Look at all the other laws that are never enforced when they should be? Most criminals should be locked up for a long time and yet the Left cries about needing more laws?
    5. Watch to see if Md. stretches the Red Flag Law and actually does start looking for or dealing with weapons that do not comply? Md. Is a weird state.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Historically, the gun charge is usually the first thing that gets dropped in Maryland. Why would they waste time going after them.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Historically, the gun charge is usually the first thing that gets dropped in Maryland. Why would they waste time going after them.

Well, that's true when dealing with the non law abiding folks who get pinched for things like robbery and aggravated assault. Politically there is no leverage / no narrative that gets supported that fits their agenda by sticking a gun charge on a bad guy. Even if that gun charge would get them extra time off the streets.

However, an otherwise law abiding gun owner who thumbs his nose against their power?? Well that's a different narrative all together.

While I don't think they'll actively look for violations, I have zero doubt that Frosh would push local prosecutors to go after a violator to the fullest extent possible if/when they get discovered in violation after a traffic stop or serving a protective order.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Book%2BEm%2BDanno.jpg

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Well, that's true when dealing with the non law abiding folks who get pinched for things like robbery and aggravated assault. Politically there is no leverage / no narrative that gets supported that fits their agenda by sticking a gun charge on a bad guy. Even if that gun charge would get them extra time off the streets.

However, an otherwise law abiding gun owner who thumbs his nose against their power?? Well that's a different narrative all together.

While I don't think they'll actively look for violations, I have zero doubt that Frosh would push local prosecutors to go after a violator to the fullest extent possible if/when they get discovered in violation after a traffic stop or serving a protective order.

Possibly but, if they pass this into law, it has the potential to retroactively make law abiding citizens, criminals. It is a vicious circle, especially if they are allowed to complete it. With facilities not having enough room to house the real bad guys, what would they benefit? Taking decent, honest, hard working taxpayers who have done nothing except work for the benefit of society and arbitrarily make them criminals, just for exercising their constitutional rights, is something that I don't believe would work out for their long term goals. I believe it would most certainly work against the democrats in their bid to take control of Congress and the White House in 2020.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    One thing i can tell you for 100% certainty , the anti's are finally laughing now . All the crying they did when Trump won , and all the crying they have done since . All the anti's or never Trumpers in Government down to the judges are paying us back .
    Trump is Us and we are Trump . The 14 guest we have now at least 13 have a smile on their faces .

I say they are the baby killers the ones that applaud the deaths of human life , find the weakest of people so they can rule over them . Next it will be okay to kill old people .

Except Trump is a bumpstock banning A-hole. And we’re not.

So on that note, Trump is clearly not “us”. A distinction lost in them perhaps, but worth noting.

I got off the Trump train in November. He will never get me back on it, short of announcing he was wrong about his ban. And that isn’t going to happen.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine

So on that note, Trump is clearly not “us”. A distinction lost in them perhaps, but worth noting.

I got off the Trump train in November. He will never get me back on it, short of announcing he was wrong about his ban. And that isn’t going to happen.

Yes, BUT, please don't forget Trump brought you (us) Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. He may get a 3rd. Like him or not, SCOTUS makes all the difference.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

I remain pissed about Trump giving in on the bump stock ban. Having said that, the real test will be if he signs legislation for universal background checks if it makes it through the Senate. If he does, I will not be able to hold my nose and vote for him again in 2020. If he vetoes it, I certainly would because keeping the likes of RBG off the court is worth a plastic novelty. That is just my opinion, YMMV, and I know there are many here not willing to accept that trade off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom