• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I wonder if the Board is privy to this supposed 100% appeal plan? If I were a member of the board I'd have an issue with that...

When the Bill was amended, I always wondered which Dems were in the back room smoking, drinking and laughing. The original text was far less onerous. Either party has right to file appeal. What bar is there to hurdle to appeal, especially for MSP? If an applicant appeals, is it a $50 fee? Who wouldn't appeal an adverse ruling if it is only $50?

Since I won my appeal this month, from this I assume I can expect MSP to appeal? I was hoping since MSP asked no questions and really put up no fight i was going to be able to exercise my rights. Guess not in the communist union of maryland.

Interesting observation. As others have commented, they're just there to fog a mirror perhaps.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hogan is supposed to be a money saving guy, given this ask him why he is wasting money on an HPRB

Probably the only reason HPRB still exists is because it would look real bad to abolish any civilian board examining MSP behavior.

I was able to embarrass Dumais last session by pointing out that in my hometown of Takoma Park we have multiple citizens' boards providing input and guidance to our elected officials, and it seemed strange to me at the time that she was introducing legislation to effectively eliminate such a board.

Of course, it didn't make much difference to her, but at least it really annoyed her.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Probably the only reason HPRB still exists is because it would look real bad to abolish any civilian board examining MSP behavior.

Of course, it didn't make much difference to her, but at least it really annoyed her.

I pointed out in testimony that dems called for more citizen oversight of police after the death of Freddy Gray. My results were the same as yours.....

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I guess we're lucky we haven't been banned from Annapolis.

mferrari

May 3, 2010
    Eastern Shore
    Ed or others working on this. I am curious if the appeals you are aware of are in regards to MSPs original denial of a whole permit, for modifications, or both?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'll reiterate my opinion, restrictions are ONLY for prosecuting permit holders. They are not crafted or designed to "restrict" one's carry. They are issued in a manner of when you are allowed to carry. MSP has repeatedly indicated they are issued for "public safety", but has never indicated how the public is less safe without a permit holder being unrestricted.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'll reiterate my opinion, restrictions are ONLY for prosecuting permit holders. They are not crafted or designed to "restrict" one's carry. They are issued in a manner of when you are allowed to carry. MSP has repeatedly indicated they are issued for "public safety", but has never indicated how the public is less safe without a permit holder being unrestricted.

Agree with you , also would add it is also for control .

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Yeah its funny how the law says "shall issue permit( with G & S of course )" and "May place restrictions." Maybe they don't understand the words?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

No one likes the answer, but I'll reiterate and it's in the Woollard finding, and the Court unanimously agreeing:

Reducing the number of guns on the street provides several secondary effects that significantly reduce handgun violence.

So with that, I don't think any data, study etc. is necessary, it has been ruled, and needs changed farther up the judicial process. Anytime there is a gun off the street, the public is safer. MSP is not trusting you to carry, they will still argue public safety is more at risk with a permit holder carrying. Their logic therefore is to limit that carry for the good of public safety. The "Delta" of the de minimis time a permit holder not being allowed to carry was noted, but I don't thing they care. One drop raises the ocean and all that..

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    No one likes the answer, but I'll reiterate and it's in the Woollard finding, and the Court unanimously agreeing:

Reducing the number of guns on the street provides several secondary effects that significantly reduce handgun violence.

So with that, I don't think any data, study etc. is necessary, it has been ruled, and needs changed farther up the judicial process. Anytime there is a gun off the street, the public is safer. MSP is not trusting you to carry, they will still argue public safety is more at risk with a permit holder carrying. Their logic therefore is to limit that carry for the good of public safety. The "Delta" of the de minimis time a permit holder not being allowed to carry was noted, but I don't thing they care. One drop raises the ocean and all that..

I think you hit the nail on the head that this is their way of thinking as screwed up as it is.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I tried to read the entire thread, but I am confused. Are folks saying that the MSP plans on appealing ALL HPRB decisions that overturned the MSP including removing/modifying restrictions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom