• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    PTR has just announced their new PTR 9KT pistol to the roller lock shooting sport community. It is Sad that Maryland in their infinite wisdom has banned this pistol. Fortunately the PTR 9CT is still Maryland legal and can be enjoyed .

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Here is a picture of the new PTR 9KT pistol

random-image-host-two-34.jpg

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    It's a copy of the H&K SP-89. You can go ask the question of the MSP, but I'm not sure how you come to any other conclusion than that.

I am doing this from my phone but the hi sp5k is legal the zenith 5p is legal so why not this. Also the review board hasn’t meet yet for the year from what I can tell. Again on the phone researching this. The last meeting notes I didn’t see the ptr 9kt listed. So you can see why I am questioning

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am doing this from my phone but the hi sp5k is legal the zenith 5p is legal so why not this. Also the review board hasn’t meet yet for the year from what I can tell. Again on the phone researching this. The last meeting notes I didn’t see the ptr 9kt listed. So you can see why I am questioning
    The MSP screwed up their classification of those, too, and I would not touch them with a ten foot pole.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The MSP screwed up their classification of those, too, and I would not touch them with a ten foot pole.

Actually, based on their current "completely interchangeable parts" thingy, those are legal as pistols. I am going to get this wrong, but I am fairly sure that the SP89 / MP5K used a different bolt and bolt carrier than the "full size" 94 / MP5 guns did. Thus, though the SP89 is banned, the full size MP5 based pistols aren't, because they're mechanically different.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Actually, based on their current "completely interchangeable parts" thingy, those are legal as pistols. I am going to get this wrong, but I am fairly sure that the SP89 / MP5K used a different bolt and bolt carrier than the "full size" 94 / MP5 guns did. Thus, though the SP89 is banned, the full size MP5 based pistols aren't, because they're mechanically different.
    The PTR KT is based off the MP5K platform. Look at the back of the gun. The two pistols just referenced are also MP5K-platform guns. I am at a loss as to why the MSP would declare them legal.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The PTR KT is based off the MP5K platform. Look at the back of the gun. The two pistols just referenced are also MP5K-platform guns. I am at a loss as to why the MSP would declare them legal.

To be fair, the Handgun Roster cannot lawfully not put something on the roster just because it is an "assault pistol." There are several dealers that operate under the false assumption that "if it's on the roster I can legally sell it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom