Your Preference to Carry in The GREAT STATE of MD ( sarcasm included)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 8, 2018
    Good Day All,

I have been granted the coveted W&C and have 24x7 ability to carry. My current weapon is proving to be a little bulky and harder to conceal then I want. Current weapon is fine when i wear Jeans and a un-tucked button down shirt, dress pants and tucked in shirt not going to happen. I have invested in a bunch of new sport coats to solve that issue but still looking for something smaller. I have been looking at new investment but wanted thoughts from the group. Currently looking at the:

Sig 365
    Glock 26
    Glock 43
    Ruger LC9
    XDs 45

Any and all input is welcome.

Thanks in advance

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Some 365s have had issues, those issues may or may not have been completely remedied with the latest update. I myself would not carry my 365 (if I had a permit) even though it has a manufacture date from September until I'm absolutely sure it doesn't exhibit these issues. Some people here have many more rounds than I do through their 365s, some people on Instagram I follow carry theirs daily, but each gun is different and you can't guarantee that you wouldn't end up with one manufactured prior to the updates.

I'd pick one of the Glocks as a carry gun over the 365 even though I enjoy shooting mine and it hasn't had any issues so far.

May 8, 2018
    I am in and out of DC a lot....don't want to have to chance going with the wrong weapon to have more then 10 round mags...or have to modify them all to adhere to this. If i can not hit with ten, i need more range time.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    G43 or PPSm2. I can shoot my PPSm2 very accurately for such a small gun. The p365 seemed front heavy to me, compared to others similarly sized pistols.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Good Day All,

I have been granted the coveted W&C and have 24x7 ability to carry. My current weapon is proving to be a little bulky and harder to conceal then I want. Current weapon is fine when i wear Jeans and a un-tucked button down shirt, dress pants and tucked in shirt not going to happen.

What are you carrying now?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    G43
    Vedder iwb forward cant kydex holster
    Nexbelt EDC ratchet belt.

Be done with all the other crap.

This is good advice. I had a G43 but got a Vedder and nextbelt EDC on Blaster's recommendation. It's made IWB carry much easier for me.

Good Day All,

I have been granted the coveted W&C and have 24x7 ability to carry. My current weapon is proving to be a little bulky and harder to conceal then I want. Current weapon is fine when i wear Jeans and a un-tucked button down shirt, dress pants and tucked in shirt not going to happen. I have invested in a bunch of new sport coats to solve that issue but still looking for something smaller. I have been looking at new investment but wanted thoughts from the group. Currently looking at the:

Sig 365
    Glock 26
    Glock 43
    Ruger LC9
    XDs 45

Any and all input is welcome.

Thanks in advance

If you're tucking in your shirt, I would think thickness would be a problem. That being the case, other than the G43, the only other one I'd consider would be the LC9. I really like the LC9s Pro, specifically. But I am too familiar with the Glock platform and didn't see a reason to switch.

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I have carried the Shield, Glock 26, and Glock 43. Most comfortable and easiest to conceal for me is the 43. Summer I use a Concealment Express IWB and winter I use a leather pancake holster.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I purchased a G43 and Sig365 3 weeks ago along with 5 others, Took delivery last week. my 365 is a late October, 2018 build. I would say 365 all day long, and no, I don't have 10k rounds through it, but its a late manufacture, smaller, has 2x capacity and just feels better in my hand. Not a Glock hater at all, I own several. My 43 (and other Glocks and Sigs) I purchased 3 weeks ago are for sale, absolutely NIB and unhandled.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm sure all six rounds are landing center mass when the SHTF. And since you've never been to the range with me you're just talking our of your ass.
    Lol I don't need to go to the range with you.
    I have the fcking experience to talk out my ass. Notice how I don't tout knowing about kitchen remodeling? But you talk out your ass pretending to know what I've done for a 24 year living.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    giphy.gif

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

You know, sometimes it's easy to feel frustrated at Kids Today And Their Dang Memes taking the place of well-constructed actual writing. But ... that was great. Worth a thousand words, as they say. And you know what they say about funny: it's only funny if it rings true.

Right! Back to the topic: I also like and have the G43, but if I don't mind just a bit more size (barely), my XD-e's extra couple rounds and DA/SA appeal to me more. If I've really got to get tiny/invisible, the LCP2 wins.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dress for the gun you carry...not the other way around. I know that's not always possible but carrying the same handgun means you don't have to stop in the middle of an incident to remember which pistol you have and where its controls are.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Get close to a million rounds or 100k SIMS rounds and training, then man up to me.
    But it's great you replace stoves in kitchens. Not everyone can do something for America, but that's ok. You're better than most here since you have the coveted carry permit. You show that every time you post. And nothing you've done has helped anyone else get theirs. You must be proud.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've done fine with a G23 the last 365 days. I'll be switching to a Glock 19 and a Sig 365. 90% of the time the G19 is fine. There's times I want something a bit smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom