• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A model 1934 or 1935 is pretty much "bullet-proof" and built like a tank. But in .380 and .32 ACP not 9mm.
    Search for "Beretta 1951 lock block" for tales of woe :)

SARCO had the blocks awhile back, but they sold out quickly.

I’d love to find a 34/35 in .32acp. That’d be awesome.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I’d love to find a 34/35 in .32acp. That’d be awesome.

Start searching now because they've been steadily rising in cost over the last 5 yrs, esp. the wartime examples. Post war, not so much so that's where the bargains are if all you care about is a shooter. A nice early 50s vintage Beretta in .32 or .380 is still very affordable. Expect to pay about $100 more for a WWII vintage example in the same condition. Even more for special variants like Air Force or Navy issue.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I think Google has me scared off. Lock blocks appear to be damn near impossible to locate.

When I did my research many of the Beretta forum folks were stating that it was the cheaper Helwan models that had the locking block issues not the Beretta made. That's why I bought 2 Beretta models. No problems with either. Selling one, keeping one

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Largely Milsurps have dried up and the remaining Samco Global stuff seems to keep sifting through Classic. so yup, hard to post anything here.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I saw an M44 on sale for $500. Wait 10 years and that will be a bargain... :innocent0

I feel fortunate I got started in C&R just before the well started running dry and as the prices were just beginning to climb exponentially. Got one or two of all the usual common milsurp C&R guns and the ammo to go with them. I'm a "12er" :D

Between just things running out, Putin, the UN, and anti-Freedom idiots, I don't think the salad days will ever return. :(

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I saw an M44 on sale for $500. Wait 10 years and that will be a bargain... :innocent0

I feel fortunate I got started in C&R just before the well started running dry and as the prices were just beginning to climb exponentially. Got one or two of all the usual common milsurp C&R guns and the ammo to go with them. I'm a "12er" :D

Between just things running out, Putin, the UN, and anti-Freedom idiots, I don't think the salad days will ever return. :(

Probably not. I got my C&R as soon as I turned 21 in 2014. So there were still some deals available but I was already too late for a lot of them. Plus I was in college and all my money went to tuition at the time so I couldn't buy much.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    A full month with no deals posted. Sad.

I havent seen much from surplus dealers that have gotten anything good in batches aside from classic who is typically setting new highs for the items. . All the things i have scored in the last few weeks but its all been local or gun shows.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I havent seen much from surplus dealers that have gotten anything good in batches aside from classic who is typically setting new highs for the items. . All the things i have scored in the last few weeks but its all been local or gun shows.

My take also.

Hey, I was super late to the game. May is when I got my C&R license. Bought 9 guns since May IIRC. One isn’t really C&R and two I didn’t use my C&R license to acquire them (but they are C&R. Of course they are in my book).

Of course a crap ton of stuff I wish I could have gotten at reasonable prices, but I feel like I checked most boxes of stuff I am or would be interested in that is C&R.

A Swiss rifle would be nice, but not sold on another caliber to own.

Probably one of the few things I’d like to get is a proper K98. I picked up a G98 that was sporterized the barrel is kind of toasty and cut down. Shoots okay, but not great. Receiver is in fantastic condition. I may rebarrel, tap it and scope it some year.

If Mosin Nagants and Nagants were the price they were 5 years ago, I’d buy one of each. But I have little to no interest at the prices they are today.

I picked up a M57, Cz50, Cz82, P1, a pair of P64, Garand that G98, SKS and a Colt Official Police (last was at a recent show).

A few other “old guns” I’d like to own that aren’t C&R yet. A few that would be cool to own, but not at the prices of today. A Vz52 rifle would be nice, but the caliber is just too difficult to find. Between that and not a cheap price for the rifle...same deal with a bunch of other stuff. I only have so much time and space (and money). A C&R 1911 would be cool. Maybe an old snub nose 38 that qualifies as C&R could be a go.

An element of “I’ll know it when I see it” if anything else will catch my fancy. But I kind of suspect not. A Star would also be nice, but the mags are damn hard to find. A Ballester-Molina is in my list, but I don’t see anyone getting a bunch in. Probably going to have to find one on gun broker or at a show. Also not as cheap as I’d like.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    SOG has/had Steyr M95/34s for $49-$99. As is, no returns. I say "has/had" because the likely sold out today as soon as they sent the deal flyer. My guess is that Sweaty Ben from Classic will be hawking them as "Excellent" grade in a month as he likely swiped them all up knowing their racket.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    SOG has/had Steyr M95/34s for $49-$99. As is, no returns. I say "has/had" because the likely sold out today as soon as they sent the deal flyer. My guess is that Sweaty Ben from Classic will be hawking them as "Excellent" grade in a month as he likely swiped them all up knowing their racket.

I saw those, I got the email at about 4 and clicked immediately but they were gone. They said the email was sent last night and they sold immediately this morning. I didnt get the email until about 14 hours after they sent it.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    My take also.

Hey, I was super late to the game. May is when I got my C&R license. Bought 9 guns since May IIRC. One isn’t really C&R and two I didn’t use my C&R license to acquire them (but they are C&R. Of course they are in my book).

Of course a crap ton of stuff I wish I could have gotten at reasonable prices, but I feel like I checked most boxes of stuff I am or would be interested in that is C&R.

A Swiss rifle would be nice, but not sold on another caliber to own.

Probably one of the few things I’d like to get is a proper K98. I picked up a G98 that was sporterized the barrel is kind of toasty and cut down. Shoots okay, but not great. Receiver is in fantastic condition. I may rebarrel, tap it and scope it some year.

If Mosin Nagants and Nagants were the price they were 5 years ago, I’d buy one of each. But I have little to no interest at the prices they are today.

I picked up a M57, Cz50, Cz82, P1, a pair of P64, Garand that G98, SKS and a Colt Official Police (last was at a recent show).

A few other “old guns” I’d like to own that aren’t C&R yet. A few that would be cool to own, but not at the prices of today. A Vz52 rifle would be nice, but the caliber is just too difficult to find. Between that and not a cheap price for the rifle...same deal with a bunch of other stuff. I only have so much time and space (and money). A C&R 1911 would be cool. Maybe an old snub nose 38 that qualifies as C&R could be a go.

An element of “I’ll know it when I see it” if anything else will catch my fancy. But I kind of suspect not. A Star would also be nice, but the mags are damn hard to find. A Ballester-Molina is in my list, but I don’t see anyone getting a bunch in. Probably going to have to find one on gun broker or at a show. Also not as cheap as I’d like.

The swiss rifles are Very nice and great shooters, if you are going to get one do it soon cause since classic marked them up a few months back i have seen them starting to go crazy at shows.

I might be able to help you out with a barrel if you can use a K98 barrel. I have a exc cond barrel with a outstanding bore i could be talked out of if you need it. I bought it because of the cond and figured that one day i would find a K98 that i really want but has a crap bore.

The new price on Mosins are 200-300 and more if its a carbine or something Finn. If you are going to buy only one, buy a Finn M39 and have the best shooter there is.

You def picked up some good stuff from what you posted, its a rabbit hole, you will want more and more and run out of room or money ;)

I have been buying Old revolvers lately myself and i have a addiction to 1911's, I really love the older ones but i have some newer ones as well, id bet there is about 8-10 all together as i just brought home and Ithaca and a newer Colt.

A Ballester-Molina is getting harder to find, i have seen a few on gunbroker for sale. i still need one of them myself. You might also consider a Sistema (Argentine Colt), it will be a nice 1911 and cost about the same.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Well damn...too bad I missed that. Never particularly wanted one. But for $100 or less...

Also seems likely on Ben having bought them all.

What is up with SOG lately? Seems like they’ve had almost no stock of anything for weeks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The swiss rifles are Very nice and great shooters, if you are going to get one do it soon cause since classic marked them up a few months back i have seen them starting to go crazy at shows.

I might be able to help you out with a barrel if you can use a K98 barrel. I have a exc cond barrel with a outstanding bore i could be talked out of if you need it. I bought it because of the cond and figured that one day i would find a K98 that i really want but has a crap bore.

The new price on Mosins are 200-300 and more if its a carbine or something Finn. If you are going to buy only one, but a Finn M39 and have the best shooter there is.

You def picked up some good stuff from what you posted, its a rabbit hole, you will want more and more and run out of room or money ;)

I have been buying Old revolvers lately myself and i have a addiction to 1911's, I really love the older ones but i have some newer ones as well, id bet there is about 8-10 all together as i just brought home and Ithaca and a newer Colt.

A Ballester-Molina is getting harder to find, i have seen a few on gunbroker for sale. i still need one of them myself. You might also consider a Sistema (Argentine Colt), it will be a nice 1911 and cost about the same.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, a Finn Mosin is probably the only one I’d consider at this point.

I partly switched to collecting pistols because I can fit a heck of a lot more of them in my safe. I might have room for 4 more long gun’s beore I need to take dividers out and switch to rifle rods to cram in a few more.

My wife is not likely to allow me to get another safe any year soon. With mild creative organization I can probably fit another 20+ handguns in there...

But I really do have a money crunch. I could afford to keep collecting a bunch, but I need to be saving money for another addition on my house (first one was ripping down the old little garage, putting a big 2-car with a workshop, mudroom and half bath and relocation my kitchen. 2nd one is master suite and expanding the basement).

So I really need to be mindful of what I am buying because of space and money.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Saw an email Today from SOG has SKS paratrooper rifles for $420 16.5" barrel, milled receiver. Pic looks like Norinco
    Mosin crate has some browning hipowers

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Saw an email Today from SOG has SKS paratrooper rifles for $420 16.5" barrel, milled receiver. Pic looks like Norinco
    Mosin crate has some browning hipowers

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom