Current W&C Timing and possibility/process to expedite.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 8, 2018
    Evening All,

Submitted recently for the W&C, wanted to see if anyone had insight into the current timing and if there was a way to expedite it for security reasons.

Thanks in Advance

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Evening All,

Submitted recently for the W&C, wanted to see if anyone had insight into the current timing and if there was a way to expedite it for security reasons.

Thanks in Advance

Define "security" reasons? Is there an urgent need where someone is in a dire situational threat? If so, speak with the licensing dept. There have been situations where a permit was granted rather quickly.

May 8, 2018
    Define "security" reasons? Is there an urgent need where someone is in a dire situational threat? If so, speak with the licensing dept. There have been situations where a permit was granted rather quickly.

Without getting too specific, deals with compromised information, job duties, Government Security and urgent support/response times.

May 8, 2018
    Nope, get in line.

That is what I thought, never hurts to ask. I have been told many different things in relationship to wait times. Since this is not a renewal i have been told 90 days to 180 days. Would you have any better insight.

Thanks

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That is what I thought, never hurts to ask. I have been told many different things in relationship to wait times. Since this is not a renewal i have been told 90 days to 180 days. Would you have any better insight.

Thanks

That is if your paperwork is setting in their hands now , if you have to get trained and get paperwork filled out add about 2 to 3 weeks to that . IMHO

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Thanks

MSP has 90 days per law to make a determination. This timeframe begins once the file is received by the licensing division, not necessarily when MSP receives it.

Beyond that, if you are speaking about appeals, ugggghhhh...... As of 10/1/18, I believe the new law states that the HPRB must hear your appeal within 30 days???

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Before SB281 and the mandatory training requirements for non-exempt applicants, Frosh argued under oath MSP had the ability to issue same day permits for urgent needs.

In practice, I understand it took more like 2-3 days to complete all the bureaucratic hurdles.

If you already have met the training requirements, contact the commander of the Licensing Division and ask him to expedite your application. If that does not meet your expectations, contact your 2A friendly state Senator or Delegate and ask them to intervene on your behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom