• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have watches but haven't worn them really often; if not at all now for the past few years. Have to say I don't miss them on my wrist.

It used to be that I felt naked if I didn't have one on. Now no longer have that sensation.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Bought this watch about 4 months ago. Its always been my grail watch and I finally had the means to "pull the trigger" ;)

I also have a Brietling Navitimer my wife bought me for an anniversary and then about 4-6 other beater level watches. Seiko, Citizen, Casio, etc that I love all of equally :)

Ah...the BLNR. The "Batman", if you will. I figure I will have a Rolex "sport" model eventually. I'll have to make do with my two-tone 15003 for now.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    watch & gun 006.jpg One of my watches , I have a few in my collection

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Nice watch Alanbdot. The Batman is one of my wish list watches...solid gold Sub with ceramic bezel is another and really want the newer steel Daytona, can't decide if I like the black or white face more.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    Nice watch Alanbdot. The Batman is one of my wish list watches...solid gold Sub with ceramic bezel is another and really want the newer steel Daytona, can't decide if I like the black or white face more.

I have my name on the list for the next Steel Daytona and/or Hulk Submariner that my AD of choice gets their hands on. I would be thrilled with any of the 3 choices but I think my order or preference is White dial Daytona, Hulk, Black dial Daytona.

And Ill tell you ladies and gentleman what, watches have been one of the greatest hobbies Ive taken part in. And as for the cost of this hobby, as long as you primarily like sport model Rolexs mixed in with budget level divers (from the likes of Seiko and Citizen), its one of the CHEAPEST hobbies around as nearly every watch I own is worth what I paid if not a bit more after a few years lol. I watched a video on Youtube about how to wear free Rolex watches. You buy a Batman at MSRP and sell it 2 years later, pocket a cool $1000+ then buy another sport model and rinse and repeat. Its awesome.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Had a party at my house a few weeks ago with my good friends for my 50th. My 4 closest friends presented me with this watch. I was completely floored.
    87f66379e0bb21d9f2b621bc13cf01d8.jpg
    d241bb0fbde7d3213d76a8be169f0f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Had a party at my house a few weeks ago with my good friends for my 50th. My 4 closest friends presented me with this watch. I was completely floored.
    I just google-fu'd and found that - it's the Hamilton Spirit of Liberty model with the H-10 movement. That watch is a serious timepiece and is no joke. That's a beautiful watch that you'll be able to pass down for generations.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Nice Tag Heuer 2000 Sports from the early 2000's. Back when they were still tough as nails.

Attachments

• 0615181119c.jpg
      0615181119c.jpg
      31.7 KB · Views: 430

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I just google-fu'd and found that - it's the Hamilton Spirit of Liberty model with the H-10 movement. That watch is a serious timepiece and is no joke. That's a beautiful watch that you'll be able to pass down for generations.

Nobody to pass it down to, my daughter wouldn’t want it. I love Hamiltons and this is my 8th one and I’m about to buy another. Have several other watches but really like Hamiltons for their design, quality, and value.
    I’d have a ton of Omegas if I had the coin.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Here is the whole collection with the exception of my everyday work watch which is a Hager.
    d6eb5867f197c8ca9db423b20652f569.jpg
    0ef8d481e8b36f023646ca10cec1ca02.jpg

Sorry the first pic sucks.
    From left to right
    Seiko Orange Knight
    Ball Fireman Nightbreaker
    Edouard Lauzieres Park Avenue
    Steinhart Nav-B
    Waltham ---probably early 60's
    Orient power reserve
    Omega Constellation 1962/63 14393 Rose Gold capped
    Omega Seamaster white waffle dial 1950
    Omega Seamaster GMT
    Gruen gold filled case, probably 1960's

2nd case
    Hamilton Khaki Auto Chrono brown dial
    Hamilton Khaki Auto Chrono black dial
    Hamilton Pan Europ Blue/White dial
    Hamilton Thin-O-Matic (modern version)
    Hamilton Jazzmaster
    Hamilton Rodney
    Hamilton Spirit of Liberty

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Whole lotta awesome in those boxes right there.

My dad was an antique dealer, and he collected vintage Hamiltons. He left a railroad grade Hamilton pocket watch to each of his sons, and he always wore Hamiltons (vintage American ones, usually rectangular). My current daily wear is a Navy Frogman (the one from about 10 years ago with the all Titanium case and bracelet) and I love the thing to death.

My "grail" piece right now is a Hamilton Mod. 22 Marine Chronometer like they made for the Navy in WWII, complete with the boxes and gimbal mounts. I want one for a desk clock in the worst way, but don't have a couple grand to drop on it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Whole lotta awesome in those boxes right there.

My dad was an antique dealer, and he collected vintage Hamiltons. He left a railroad grade Hamilton pocket watch to each of his sons, and he always wore Hamiltons (vintage American ones, usually rectangular). My current daily wear is a Navy Frogman (the one from about 10 years ago with the all Titanium case and bracelet) and I love the thing to death.

My "grail" piece right now is a Hamilton Mod. 22 Marine Chronometer like they made for the Navy in WWII, complete with the boxes and gimbal mounts. I want one for a desk clock in the worst way, but don't have a couple grand to drop on it.
    Those Hamilton Marine Chronometers are really cool.
    I'm a big fan of vintage watches, you can get some really nice pieces for very little money (comparatively).

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Dirty little secret on high end watches is every 5 years or so you should send them back to a factory center to have them tuned up and rework . Mine every 5 years takes about 500. to 800 but they come back as close to new as possible .
    They change crystals and polish like new .

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Dirty little secret on high end watches is every 5 years or so you should send them back to a factory center to have them tuned up and rework . Mine every 5 years takes about 500. to 800 but they come back as close to new as possible .
    They change crystals and polish like new .

It's no secret ;)

If you're rockin' swatch (Think Hamilton, Tissot, and the rest of the yahoo's under that giant umbrella), servicing your automatic is $200 for non-chronos and $400 for chronos. So you have to decide if it's worth servicing or buying a new version of the same watch sometimes lol.

My brother had his Explorer II service at the Rolex store in NYC while we were up there and they mailed it back to him at the cool cost of $750 (included complete crystal replacement).

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It's no secret ;)

If you're rockin' swatch (Think Hamilton, Tissot, and the rest of the yahoo's under that giant umbrella), servicing your automatic is $200 for non-chronos and $400 for chronos. So you have to decide if it's worth servicing or buying a new version of the same watch sometimes lol.

My brother had his Explorer II service at the Rolex store in NYC while we were up there and they mailed it back to him at the cool cost of $750 (included complete crystal replacement).

Well i bring it up because when i started buying Breitling watches 25 years ago nobody told me , i was surprised a little bit .
    But you are right you adjust .:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom