• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So ... Virginia is, in practical terms, just a piece of Maryland on the other side of the river? Do I need to keep my (hopefully temporary) MD restrictions in mind in VA?

Others here will describe encounters regarding MD restrictions while carrying out of state. I will say that this is the only time I have ever heard of such an issue. Personally I can't see how another state can enforce MD restrictions but IANAL and YMMV.

VA also issues non resident permits, you can find all the info on the VA State Police website. Your 16 hour MD training fulfills their training requirement.

I have a VA NR permit and it is set to expire in May. I just received the docs to renew but they are currently running 3-5 months to issue. I will continue to carry in VA on my MD permit if I don't get my new NR VA permit before it expires.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    www.handgunlaw.us

VA recognizes all permits now. It was changed last summer I believe. The Rs rolled McAuliffe in exchange for voluntary background checks at gun shows.

Is it me or is the website jacked up?

It says
    I am trying to steal bandwidth from ...handgunlaw.us...
    Not sure how the picture below will show. The usual US map is not there.

all_usa_map-RI.gif

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Weird, the map is now showing. Maybe they were low on bandwidth.

I hadn't been on the website in months.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you are hotlinking images, you are stealing bandwidth.

That's their concern copy the image ands post it as an attachment to solve the problem

Don't use the tag

Attachments

• all_usa_map-RI.gif
      all_usa_map-RI.gif
      10.1 KB · Views: 480

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    www.handgunlaw.us

VA recognizes all permits now. It was changed last summer I believe. The Rs rolled McAuliffe in exchange for voluntary background checks at gun shows.

Thank you, I was under the understanding that they did not as of recently.

I wish we had national reciprocity, it would make it a whole lot easier.

NOBODY

Wheelman dan

Feb 26, 2018
    This may seem like a stupid thing to wonder but does anyone know if uber and lyft drivers would maybe have a better chance getting concealed carry permit due to the dangers of their job? Surely there is substantial risk in allowing (somewhat) stranger's into your vehicle with no means to protect yourself, especially considering the disadvantage you're at with your back facing the client. Just a thought, I'm curious of your guys opinions and possibly some legal standpoints if there are any lawyers looking at this.

Jan 31, 2017
    If they are asking you to meet with them in person for an interview. Tell them no. If they f with you i will pay for your permit.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

My interview on 3/6 is scheduled, but from the talk on the phone with my investigator, it likely won't be worth my time. I may be taking you up on the offer above - lol.

The investigator stated OPM leak wasn't enough, neither was ISIS threats to those in the intelligence community and was "part of the job". Also, he stated "non-restricted" would never be approved (maybe that's just his opinion because it looks like the appeal board has proved that false on this message board).

Shout out to GlockxRob and Acorn for your encouragement and documentation on this forum as well.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    A business (real estate related) owning friend submitted his application the first week in December, then had his interview. Westminster MSP called me for the reference on February 12th, and he got his permit (while doing business restriction) February 26th.

Not sure how long others are taking but use this to compare.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I applied on 1/21 and my interview is on Wednesday, 3/7. A very nice sounding guy by the name of Frank called me to set up the appointment, which he said would take about 20 minutes. I'm not going in with an attitude or playing any games. I believe I have a legit G&S. If I have to appeal for an unrestricted permit, which I suspect I might, I'll take that as a second step.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    My interview on 3/6 is scheduled, but from the talk on the phone with my investigator, it likely won't be worth my time. I may be taking you up on the offer above - lol.

The investigator stated OPM leak wasn't enough, neither was ISIS threats to those in the intelligence community and was "part of the job". Also, he stated "non-restricted" would never be approved (maybe that's just his opinion because it looks like the appeal board has proved that false on this message board).

Shout out to GlockxRob and Acorn for your encouragement and documentation on this forum as well.

I work on the Guantanamo prosecution team and that coupled with my clearance got me a permit with restrictions. Restrictions are not allowed to carry on base, but the base commander can override that, and permit is void when I leave the military. This was two months ago.

Jan 31, 2017
    I work on the Guantanamo prosecution team and that coupled with my clearance got me a permit with restrictions. Restrictions are not allowed to carry on base, but the base commander can override that, and permit is void when I leave the military. This was two months ago.
    Thanks for the reply. And no offense, but it appears that in the eyes of the MSP any judge or lawyer is an easy approval.
    At least that is what the lawyer in my CCW course made it seem as we were chatting during the breaks. His lawyer colleagues were going to provide him with the verbiage to use and his application was going to sail through.

Thank you for your service.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

crxtech

Mar 20, 2009
    Northern Anne Arundel
    I finally received the MSP denial letter, as expected. Early in the process I was gung-ho about appealing to the review board, but now that I'm here I feel... deflated. With only a secret clearance and OPM data breach as a G&S, It's starting to sink-in that this has all just been a waste of time. I'll probably cut my losses here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone been successful using a clearance as G&S? Any specific level clearance needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom