• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Or it could that National Reciprocity is to the Right as Impeach Trump is to the Left.

Neither is going to happen. And the politicians on both ends of the political spectrum know this.

But spreading pie in the sky lies keeps the campaign contributions rolling in.

Voters need to stop buying what politicians are selling.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I'm sitting this election out, and if any Republican calls me, I'll tell them why. They get in power, and they don't do anything. Each election their entire campaign is promising things they'll never deliver and being "better than the alternative." I'm not falling for this anymore. I'd rather let the Democrats win than get Republicans who don't do anything.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    I'm sitting this election out, and if any Republican calls me, I'll tell them why. They get in power, and they don't do anything. Each election their entire campaign is promising things they'll never deliver and being "better than the alternative." I'm not falling for this anymore. I'd rather let the Democrats win than get Republicans who don't do anything.

I’m with you. There is no sense in electing a representative that willingly ignores his electorate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Refresh my memory after 78 pages. Will you have to have a resident permit for this to be any good in Maryland? Those of us with the New Hampshire permit will not be able to carry in Maryland if I understand correctly.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    If the Republicans were smart, they'd bundle this reciprocity bill with the bump stock ban and the NICS improvements, so that they could play politics the way Democrats do. But they're not, so they won't.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Refresh my memory after 78 pages. Will you have to have a resident permit for this to be any good in Maryland? Those of us with the New Hampshire permit will not be able to carry in Maryland if I understand correctly.

Not if the House bill stays intact, although I'm skeptical it will.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If the Republicans were smart, they'd bundle this reciprocity bill with the bump stock ban and the NICS improvements, so that they could play politics the way Democrats do. But they're not, so they won't.

Use the bump stocks and/or NICS improvements as a means to gain numbers in the Senate only. They should pass the House bill intact; just like any good negotiation your side should come in high and then work back if necessary.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Not if the House bill stays intact, although I'm skeptical it will.

Sadly I agree. Only way I see this crossing the finish line in the Senate is with some major horse trades including a home state permit requirement. The slave owners of MD, CA, NJ, NYC, and HI may let some outsiders visit the plantation, but they will never give up their slaves.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    The senate republicans are pushing to get the tax bill through by Christmas. It’s being considered under reconciliation so it requires a simple majority for approval.

Could the senate republicans be tying national reciprocity to it?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The senate republicans are pushing to get the tax bill through by Christmas. It’s being considered under reconciliation so it requires a simple majority for approval.

Could the senate republicans be tying national reciprocity to it?

I was just thinking about that. In the Senate, anything can be attached to a bill, even if they have nothing to do with one another (in the House this can't be done, it must be germane).
    But I'm still not sure reciprocity can be done without 60 votes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This was probably covered a dozen pages back, but the linked article refered to 16 State AG sending letters to Congress.

May Issue & ambigous : DC , MD , NJ, NY, MA, CA , HI . DE, CN kinda ambigous .

So what AG's from Shall Issue ( or con carry ) States are against Reciprocity?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This was probably covered a dozen pages back, but the linked article refered to 16 State AG sending letters to Congress.

May Issue & ambigous : DC, MD , NJ, NY, MA, CA , HI . DE, CN CT. kinda ambigous .

Just for accuracy. DC now shall issue because of Wrenn. DC AG is still very anti-reciprocity

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland

May Issue & ambigous : DC , MD , NJ, NY, MA, CA , HI . DE, CN kinda ambigous .

D.C. (but wasn't shall issue at the time), NC, NM, IL, VA, OR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom