• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It shouldn't matter as far as the Constitutionality of the statute goes. Of course IMO the court is very much influenced by public perception.

But this seems more to me a sign someone on the court is looking very hard at this case. I think Peruta was also rescheduled several times and although it didn't get cert, it did get a dissent.

I'm still not entirely clear of the rescheduled vs. Relisted difference or if there really is one.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    We saw Peruta rescheduled (at least, iirc) twice before being relisted.

It shouldn't matter as far as the Constitutionality of the statute goes. Of course IMO the court is very much influenced by public perception.

But this seems more to me a sign someone on the court is looking very hard at this case. I think Peruta was also rescheduled several times and although it didn't get cert, it did get a dissent.

I'm still not entirely clear of the rescheduled vs. Relisted difference or if there really is one.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docketfiles/16-894.htm

It was rescheduled (planned on discussing it at one conference but decided to discuss it at another conference) 4 times.
    It was relisted (discussed a conference but no resolution was determined) 8 times

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Rescheduled might merely mean the usual suspects are writing a dissent from denial of cert.

we'll see.

Probably at least 4 descents! :mad54:

That is not what it means because it needs to go to a conference before that determination is made. All it means is that one justice wants more time before they discuss it.

You cannot get 4 descents because 4 is the number of justices necessary to grant cert. If 4 justices want to hear the case it is granted.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That is not what it means because it needs to go to a conference before that determination is made. All it means is that one justice wants more time before they discuss it.

You cannot get 4 descents because 4 is the number of justices necessary to grant cert. If 4 justices want to hear the case it is granted.

Rescheduled before conference, not relisted? There has been a lot of that.

Gorsuch is reviewing petitions on his own, not using the pool. Might be gumming up the works.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Rescheduled before conference, not relisted? There has been a lot of that.

Gorsuch is reviewing petitions on his own, not using the pool. Might be gumming up the works.

That is a good thing. Not necessarily reviewing on his own, more like his own clerks not part of the pool (swamp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom