• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owns24

Jan 25, 2015
    California, MD
    I recently attended my formal appeal at the Hand Gun Permit Review Board, and was granted my CCW permit.

How long do most people wait to receive their permit in the mail? At the board they stated it would be 30-60 days. Is that business or calendar?

I've been anxiously waiting and I haven't received any correspondence from the HPRB or the MSP since the decision.

Thank you in advance.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Congrats new guy. Go introduce yourself in the, ummm, introductions forum.

Your answer will be along shortly.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    congrats on getting your permit. their final FU to you is making you wait all that time now after all the time and hassle you have surely already incurred.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    congrats on getting your permit. their final FU to you is making you wait all that time now after all the time and hassle you have surely already incurred.

In fairness, the members of the HPRB are all volunteers and all have day jobs. After the letter is received by the applicant and MSP the card will follow in ~10 days.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    In fairness, the members of the HPRB are all volunteers and all have day jobs. After the letter is received by the applicant and MSP the card will follow in ~10 days.

So do many firemen and EMT's.

I heard that exact excuse in a trial, it was the best five minute dressing down by a judge I've ever seen. Just a comment the "we're volunteers" as a fair excuse isn't one.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So do many firemen and EMT's.

I heard that exact excuse in a trial, it was the best five minute dressing down by a judge I've ever seen. Just a comment the "we're volunteers" as a fair excuse isn't one.

There will be four openings on the board come March, why don't you throw your resume in the ring and then go show them how it's done.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    There will be four openings on the board come March, why don't you throw your resume in the ring and then go show them how it's done.

Is non sequitur your middle name?

Try reading every post a bit slower. I have raised no issue on HPRB processing speed. They'll probably be gone within a year, and that's not just me thinking so. Some on that board mention it.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    They'll probably be gone within a year, and that's not just me thinking so. Some on that board mention it.

Just to clarify, are you speculating that the board will be disbanded as 'unnecessary' by the state? I'm new to the community, but from what I've seen the HPRB seems to be the last line of justice for law abiding citizens looking to be issued a permit.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don’t they also have to be sponsored by their delegate or senator? Or am I thinking of something else?

Not necessarily. If you are chosen a "friendly" Senator will be "assigned" to shepherd you through and introduce you to the Senate Executive Nominations Committee.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I thought Frosh's office was "reviewing" them, causing an undetermined delay. Has this been resolved?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just to clarify, are you speculating that the board will be disbanded as 'unnecessary' by the state? I'm new to the community, but from what I've seen the HPRB seems to be the last line of justice for law abiding citizens looking to be issued a permit.

Madaleno came in late with a Bill last session to move hearings to Administrative Judges. I was at Potomac Days and it was littered with MoCo politicos and some state. Trone campaign manager walked up and gave me twizzler, I just mentioned I could never vote for him. He actually stuck around for a good 2-3 minutes trying to convince me Trone was pro 2A .. "He owns five shotguns". Guess that will be his 2A message.

The Dems want to dispense with the HPRB really signals they don't have much hope at defeating Hogan. If they thought they were going to win, what would be better than the new Democrat Governor appoint MDPGV crew on that board, the new MSP rubber stamp. Hogan better fix this if reelected, then no review necessary. Hogan is directing Frosh to fight the ruling removing Peace Cross, and we know the Dems are not for that. Makes me wonder where was Hogan's direction with Kolbe case and all the suing Trump nonsense.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Madaleno came in late with a Bill last session to move hearings to Administrative Judges. I was at Potomac Days and it was littered with MoCo politicos and some state. Trone campaign manager walked up and gave me twizzler, I just mentioned I could never vote for him. He actually stuck around for a good 2-3 minutes trying to convince me Trone was pro 2A .. "He owns five shotguns". Guess that will be his 2A message.

The Dems want to dispense with the HPRB really signals they don't have much hope at defeating Hogan. If they thought they were going to win, what would be better than the new Democrat Governor appoint MDPGV crew on that board, the new MSP rubber stamp. Hogan better fix this if reelected, then no review necessary. Hogan is directing Frosh to fight the ruling removing Peace Cross, and we know the Dems are not for that. Makes me wonder where was Hogan's direction with Kolbe case and all the suing Trump nonsense.

There's something the anti's ought to consider ... disbanding the HPRB could cause Hogan to find a MSP Secretary that has a definition of G&S that differs from the status quo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom