• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They need proof of residency to pick it up???

You have to fill out a 4473. Apparently nfa items can only be released to persons who live in the same state as the ffl. Just like handguns.

The bitch from atf tells me I should have filled out a 5320.20
    I'm like how the hell can I do that for a pending stamp. I have no number to put on the form. :wtf:

I called to ask how it can be expedited since my form 4 was already approved and they said nothing. Absolutely 0 common sense present.

I won't even mention the shop it's at bc I am so pissed. I discussed the situation with them when I bought through silencershop and the fact that I was moving to TX 4 weeks after I bought it. They act all confused on the phone. Oh, you already moved? Yes dumbass, it was a year ago like I told you:mad54:

If I can ever get past permahold and talk to silencershop - who incidentally is located less than 2 hrs from me - I'm going to ask about a refund. I'm basically over waiting and just want my money back.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    If nothing else, looks like you get 90 days for a full refund - but I know that's not your ideal outcome. The dealer won't do a transfer to your LGS after getting an approved 5320.20?

edit: Doesn't seem like another Form 4 is necessary, since it is already registered in your name or trust.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It doesn't take a year to get your 03 FFL (C&R collector's license), maybe 30 days. NFA items are taking a year or so. Different beast.

I think he's talking about his Form 3 and then the wait for the Form 4. This has been taking about year lately.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I think he's talking about his Form 3 and then the wait for the Form 4. This has been taking about year lately.

Guess I got confused by his wording, even though this is an NFA thread. :) Yeah, I'm coming up on 12 months on my Form 4.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    Form 1 SBR's (3ea):

Mailed: July 12, 2016
    Check cashed: 19 July 2016
    Approved: July 18, 2017
    Stamp Received: Cricket, Cricket

This after playing Ping-Pong with the forms since apparently, ATF isn't allowed to find more than 1 thing wrong with your forms at a time.

To be honest, I don't think it affected the approval dates as one of the SBR's had no errors and wasn't involved with the table tennis fun and they all had the same approval date. Seriously though, they had a monumental task before them and really just want to keep us legit.

The bureaucrats, now that's a whole nutter matter.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Form 4 Trust: SilencerCo Hybrid
    Submitted: July 20, 2017
    Check Cashed: August 8, 2017

I'm going to predict it comes back in mid-March of 2018.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom