• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Called ATF today. 2 more approved . 1 from 5/5/16 the other 6/21/16 both form 4s on a trust.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I know I am sick. Today I sent in a Form 4 for a factory SBR - paper, trust.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The agent on the phone told me the 1st from the big July turn in ( I have 2 check was cashed 7/21) would be about end of May.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Seems like they are getting out of whack. I submitted two Form 1s back to back on the same day. One has been approved, still waiting on the other.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Mailed off a Form 1 yesterday to SBR my MPX. Hopefully I should get the stamp by mid-2020....

:P

Honestly I think that when you'll get that back is almost totally dependent on how long it takes them to plow through the July mountain of applications. There's a ton of anecdotal evidence that shows that suppressor sales in general (which make up the vast lion's share of paperwork that the NFA branch processes) are WAY way down post-41F. Witness the layoffs at SilencerCo, the repeated sales from a lot of places, and now SilencerCo's kinda-pathetic "Be a Joe" marketing poster:

5_28Z6.jpg

They are desparate to move product right now. So I bet that between 41F and some people clinging to the idea that Donald Trump will wave a magic wand and the HPA will pass and not buying suppressors until then, that the volume of Form 4s that have been submitted post-July is WAY down.

Right now my money is on a cyclic flow for this: wait times are going to get nuts while they plow through the Mount Everest of Form 4s from the first two weeks of July (and I've got two in there, sigh...) but after that they'll dip to be some of the shortest we've seen in years. Until everybody figures out that HPA is not going to pass, and that hey, wait times are short again, and starts buying. Then times will climb a bit, but hopefully not to the 10 - 12 month level again.

In any case, I think I have one or two more to buy in the next few months anyhow...

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I do expect the waits to dip once they get through the 41F rush but I bet we have a LONG time before they get through all those applications. I have a Form 1 I submitted on June 23 that required some "research" on their part and shows as "submitted" from July 15 (called and they said i don't have to submit prints and a photo since i sent everything in before the deadline) and a Form 4 submitted July 7. I am used to the waiting game.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I do expect the waits to dip once they get through the 41F rush but I bet we have a LONG time before they get through all those applications. I have a Form 1 I submitted on June 23 that required some "research" on their part and shows as "submitted" from July 15 (called and they said i don't have to submit prints and a photo since i sent everything in before the deadline) and a Form 4 submitted July 7. I am used to the waiting game.

I have two post 41f submittals so I'm hoping you are right. I feel like I just pulled a ticket with 6 digits and the now serving sign says number 5.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    :P
    SilencerCo's kinda-pathetic "Be a Joe" marketing poster:

5_28Z6.jpg

They are desparate to move product right now.

Wow, that is pretty pathetic. I think I'm going to start looking for another one. They are pretty much up to July now. I bet they can do all the sales from Jul 15 to now in a month. It's about how long it takes to do the first 2 weeks of July

I think if you buy now, 4 months without a form 3.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Wow, that is pretty pathetic.

Yup. And for a number of reasons.

They have been the HUGEST cheerleader for the HPA:

The interview with Trump Jr.
    The video series.
    The constant pushing of the AHA.
    HPA this, HPA that.

But oh, hey guise, the HPA probably won't pass, so you shouldn't count on it and should just buy things RIGHT NAO, K?

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Finally got mine today. :party29:
    Spectre II and Omega

I don't have it handy which day the form was submitted but it was very close to 5/19/16
    Check cashed 6/1/16
    Approved 3/10/17
    Picked up 3/30/17

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom