• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Where are all the women? I'm new around here and love to see I'm not the only woman who loves shooting. This is my baby. Iv been shooting for about 3 years but purchased my first handgun about 2 years ago so im long over due for a new toy. It's a struggle when your husband is a gun nut and we both have lists of stuff we want.

Attachments

• 20161207_085819.jpg
      20161207_085819.jpg
      25.1 KB · Views: 2,652

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would recommend both trying to keep the same calibers in mind when buying firearms. It makes it much easier when you both shoot the same round. Congrats on a fine pistol and I'm sure it's been a nice shooter too. Is your husband a member on MDS too?

Good luck and keep posting.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Most of the female members who have signed up over the years don't show up very often. One pretty active member is Beretta Maven. Paige shows up once in a blue moon, usually in the competition section. Hashslingingslasher does photo posting for a local gun shop. Shall Not Infringe lurks.

I spend too much time on this board :sad20:

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    I would recommend both trying to keep the same calibers in mind when buying firearms. It makes it much easier when you both shoot the same round. Congrats on a fine pistol and I'm sure it's been a nice shooter too. Is your husband a member on MDS too?

Good luck and keep posting.

Thank you she shoots beautifully! Hubby I think is a little jealous but I let him play with her from time to time. This is my only one personally but he owns a few in different calibers and has gotten into reloading which is nice. But when your married what's mine is mine and what's his is ours right? Lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just don't try an "ignore" certain people here and you'll do fine...

Hey! Somebody had to say it. :shrug:

Welcome to MDS siggirl1911! :)

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Most of the female members who have signed up over the years don't show up very often. One pretty active member is Beretta Maven. Paige shows up once in a blue moon, usually in the competition section. Hashslingingslasher does photo posting for a local gun shop. Shall Not Infringe lurks.

I spend too much time on this board :sad20:

I think if more women actually gave it a shot they would be pleasantly surprised how fun it is! I had no idea how much id enjoy shooting and since then have only wanted to learn more, figured this would be a good place for that! I'm sure alot of woman stay off of here bc it is prominently men and sometimes in a man's world you gotta have thick skin.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I think if more women actually gave it a shot they would be pleasantly surprised how fun it is! I had no idea how much id enjoy shooting and since then have only wanted to learn more, figured this would be a good place for that! I'm sure alot of woman stay off of here bc it is prominently men and sometimes in a man's world you gotta have thick skin.
    I see what you did there.

Welcome!!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Where are all the women? I'm new around here and love to see I'm not the only woman who loves shooting. This is my baby. Iv been shooting for about 3 years but purchased my first handgun about 2 years ago so im long over due for a new toy. It's a struggle when your husband is a gun nut and we both have lists of stuff we want.

Welcome! You're not alone. It was my wife that got ME into hunting and shooting. She was the farm girl and I was the city guy that never picked up a rifle until I met her.

I understand the struggle when you and your spouse are both shooters. Just try and keep a balance.
    Sometimes if I want a fancy new outfit or to just be taken out to a nice dinner I have to convince her that we'll have to wait on that pistol, rifle, or bulk ammo shipment.

BTW I get VERY LITTLE sympathy from the other guys regarding my predicament.

AGAIN WELCOME!!!

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Welcome! You're not alone. It was my wife that got ME into hunting and shooting. She was the farm girl and I was the city guy that never picked up a rifle until I met her.

I understand the struggle when you and your spouse are both shooters. Just try and keep a balance.
    Sometimes if I want a fancy new outfit or to just be taken out to a nice dinner I have to convince her that we'll have to wait on that pistol, rifle, or bulk ammo shipment.

Is she a member here? That's awesome SHE got you into it and I'd kinda have to agree with not getting much sympathy I'd eat oddles and noodles for a month if it ment I could get a new toy

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011

Is she a member here? That's awesome SHE got you into it and I'd kinda have to agree with not getting much sympathy I'd eat oddles and noodles for a month if it ment I could get a new toy

My wife is not a member here. She is quite interested in some of the discussions but instead of becoming a member she chooses to lurk over my shoulder.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Thank you she shoots beautifully! Hubby I think is a little jealous but I let him play with her from time to time. This is my only one personally but he owns a few in different calibers and has gotten into reloading which is nice. But when your married what's mine is mine and what's his is mine right? Lol

FIFY!:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom