Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:26 PM #161
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqcj5 View Post
Which rifles are on the "list of models"?
PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE
TITLE 5. FIREARMS
SUBTITLE 1. REGULATED FIREARMS

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. 5-101

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(i) American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine;

(ii) AK-47 in all forms;

(iii) Algimec AGM-1 type semi-auto;

(iv) AR 100 type semi-auto;

(v) AR 180 type semi-auto;

(vi) Argentine L.S.R. semi-auto;

(vii) Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto;

(viii) Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics;

(ix) Barrett light .50 cal. semi-auto;

(x) Beretta AR70 type semi-auto;

(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;

(xii) Calico models M-100 and M-900;

(xiii) CIS SR 88 type semi-auto;

(xiv) Claridge HI TEC C-9 carbines;

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;

(xvi) Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2;

(xvii) Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto;

(xviii) Famas semi-auto (.223 caliber);

(xix) Feather AT-9 semi-auto;

(xx) FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle;

(xxi) FNC semi-auto type carbine;

(xxii) F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun;

(xxiii) Steyr-AUG-SA semi-auto;

(xxiv) Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto;

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

(xxvi) Holmes model 88 shotgun;

(xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

(xxviii) Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

(xxix) Mandell TAC-1 semi-auto carbine;

(xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;

(xxxi) Sterling Mark 6;

(xxxii) P.A.W.S. carbine;

(xxxiii) Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

(xxxiv) SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber);

(xxxv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xxxvi) AP-74 Commando type semi-auto;

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

(xxxviii) Street sweeper assault type shotgun;

(xxxix) Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

(xl) Unique F11 semi-auto type;

(xli) Daewoo USAS 12 semi-auto shotgun;

(xlii) UZI 9mm carbine or rifle;

(xliii) Valmet M-76 and M-78 semi-auto;

(xliv) Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine; or

(xlv) Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi-auto "Terry".
ddeanjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM #162
gavin1911 gavin1911 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5
gavin1911 gavin1911 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5
under this new bill, are we still allowed to buy 30rd mags from VA and bring them back to MD?
gavin1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM #163
mh53gunner's Avatar
mh53gunner mh53gunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 488
mh53gunner mh53gunner is offline
Member
mh53gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 488
No matter how any of us read this pile of dung bill it will be up to ole Doug Gansler to interpret.
What I read is a bunch of weasel wording that does nothing but further confuse the law abiding citizen.

Millions of gun owners were ignored by a bunch of nanny want to be rulers.
__________________
Opinions stated here on this forum are my personal views, and will no doubt tick off the anointed few.
mh53gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM #164
Jqcj5 Jqcj5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Jqcj5 Jqcj5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
How about selling a colt hbarII lower after 10/1/13 to someone in MD, whould that be OK?
Jqcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:47 PM #165
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin1911 View Post
under this new bill, are we still allowed to buy 30rd mags from VA and bring them back to MD?
Judge for yourself. Here's how the pertinent MARYLAND law will read as of October 1, 2013:

CRIMINAL LAW
TITLE 4. WEAPON CRIMES
SUBTITLE 3. ASSAULT PISTOLS AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINES

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. 4-305

4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited

(a) Scope of section. -- This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

(b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.
ddeanjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:47 PM #166
Jqcj5 Jqcj5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Jqcj5 Jqcj5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeanjohnson View Post
PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE
TITLE 5. FIREARMS
SUBTITLE 1. REGULATED FIREARMS

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. 5-101

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(i) American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine;

(ii) AK-47 in all forms;

(iii) Algimec AGM-1 type semi-auto;

(iv) AR 100 type semi-auto;

(v) AR 180 type semi-auto;

(vi) Argentine L.S.R. semi-auto;

(vii) Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto;

(viii) Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics;

(ix) Barrett light .50 cal. semi-auto;

(x) Beretta AR70 type semi-auto;

(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;

(xii) Calico models M-100 and M-900;

(xiii) CIS SR 88 type semi-auto;

(xiv) Claridge HI TEC C-9 carbines;

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;

(xvi) Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2;

(xvii) Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto;

(xviii) Famas semi-auto (.223 caliber);

(xix) Feather AT-9 semi-auto;

(xx) FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle;

(xxi) FNC semi-auto type carbine;

(xxii) F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun;

(xxiii) Steyr-AUG-SA semi-auto;

(xxiv) Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto;

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

(xxvi) Holmes model 88 shotgun;

(xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

(xxviii) Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

(xxix) Mandell TAC-1 semi-auto carbine;

(xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;

(xxxi) Sterling Mark 6;

(xxxii) P.A.W.S. carbine;

(xxxiii) Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

(xxxiv) SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber);

(xxxv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xxxvi) AP-74 Commando type semi-auto;

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

(xxxviii) Street sweeper assault type shotgun;

(xxxix) Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

(xl) Unique F11 semi-auto type;

(xli) Daewoo USAS 12 semi-auto shotgun;

(xlii) UZI 9mm carbine or rifle;

(xliii) Valmet M-76 and M-78 semi-auto;

(xliv) Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine; or

(xlv) Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi-auto "Terry".

Thank you
Jqcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:50 PM #167
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
ddeanjohnson ddeanjohnson is offline
autodidact
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqcj5 View Post
How about selling a colt hbarII lower after 10/1/13 to someone in MD, whould that be OK?
The general rule of thumb: If it's on the regulated list of rifles now, no. If it's cash and carry now, probably yes.

Others with more specific knowledge on this variant may wish to respond.
ddeanjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM #168
ibang1's Avatar
ibang1 ibang1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perry Hall
Posts: 1,937
ibang1 ibang1 is offline
Senior Member
ibang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perry Hall
Posts: 1,937
I keep reading and reading and I'm tired of this crap. I feel like when October 1, 2013 comes I am labeled as a criminal. So now I am the bad guy. I'm so afraid I dare never to bring my guns out of the house to shoot or to learn how to hunt. I'm afraid I will be pulled over on the highway and handcuffed as other drivers look and stare at me. I'm afraid the cost and pain I will cause to my family as I could lose my job, house, car and worst a criminal record until I die.

How dare you to treat me like this. I defended this country with my life! I never did anything wrong.
__________________
Andy Andrews, "The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them."
ibang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM #169
mudskipper mudskipper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA resident who still owns a home in MD, and will visit it as often as he wants!
Posts: 2,857
mudskipper mudskipper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA resident who still owns a home in MD, and will visit it as often as he wants!
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibang1 View Post
How dare you to treat me like this. I defended this country with my life! I never did anything wrong.

Same here, Bro. Same here.

There's so many things I wanna type right now. So many things I wanna say. But I'm not. Because doing so will just give away the biggest advantages I have going right now.... Anonymity and deniability.


I haven't said anything bad yet, and I'm not going to...
mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:22 PM #170
danb's Avatar
danb danb is offline
These are not your droids
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Howard County
Posts: 12,315
danb danb is offline
These are not your droids
danb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Howard County
Posts: 12,315
ruger mini 14 ranch and mini 30, benelli MR1 - cash and carry? assuming you can find one of course.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2017, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service