• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The held cases not moving is the bigger tracking metric, IMO. Seeing the case(s) distributed for conference is the first warning order that something is afoot, per normal procedures. I'm not sure if they can spontaneously discuss a case at conference without that courtesy.

Alito writing about not moot and Thomas writing about the law violating the 2A would be my expected dissents (or combined dissent) from a finding of moot or DAIG, which would take some time.

I wonder if procedurally we get an opinion on the 2A at all if the case is moot. I suspect we wont. If the case is moot I think we get an opinion on mootness and dissent.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I don't expect a majority or per curiam opinion if it is moot, just a mention in the orders about Munsingwear or DIG followed by dissent(s).

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    I wonder if procedurally we get an opinion on the 2A at all if the case is moot. I suspect we wont. If the case is moot I think we get an opinion on mootness and dissent.

If so, then it's on to the next battle, perhaps this time with Amy Coney Barrett in the majority.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    After listening to the recording I’m less impressed with our Supreme Court than I previously was. I admit to not watching them closely but the libs questions and comments are stunning. fred55

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    After listening to the recording I’m less impressed with our Supreme Court than I previously was. I admit to not watching them closely but the libs questions and comments are stunning. fred55
    I think Kagan is the most open minded, I like her conversation on Page 17 about carry vs transport. But I don't expect a vote from her.

Sotomayor just strikes me as a rude person.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    We’re on GUN TALK LIVE Radio Sunday 2:30 PM!

During our pro-2A demonstration at the Supreme Court last Monday, before and during oral argument in this case, we were interviewed by Tom Gresham of GUN TALK LIVE for his Facebook Live broadcast.

We talked about the role that MARYLAND SHOOTERS and PATRIOT PICKET played in leading the demonstration.

Tom also invited PATRIOT PICKET spokesman Paul Brockman to be his guest on his Sunday GUN TALK LIVE Radio broadcast tomorrow, Sunday December 8, at 2:30 PM.

Tom’s show airs every Sunday from 2 - 5 PM (Eastern) here:

https://guntalk.com/

GUN TALK is the original national radio show about guns and the shooting sports.”

To see Tom’s earlier interview with us at the front steps of the Supreme Court last Monday morning, click here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=240348

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2551311961757619&id=35184886597&anchor_composer=false

Attachments

• 03A7E8F7-10EB-459A-90CF-0E90706EA9A6.jpg
      03A7E8F7-10EB-459A-90CF-0E90706EA9A6.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 527

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I think Kagan is the most open minded, I like her conversation on Page 17 about carry vs transport. But I don't expect a vote from her.

Sotomayor just strikes me as a rude person.

I agree with that and it's one of the reasons why I didn't think this case would get cert in the first place. It's also something which could be used to peel Roberts toward mooting the case, although this wasn't mentioned by any other justice during orals.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Listening to GUN TALK LIVE now live-streaming online from this website:

Paul Brockman of PATRIOT PICKET scheduled at 2:30 PM to discuss the Supreme Court demonstration at NYSRPA oral argument last Monday.

https://talk1075.com/

Tom Gresham now interviewing Cam Edwards discussing the Second Amendment Sanctuary Movement.

Phil Van Cleave of VCDL also scheduled to be a guest today.

I believe this will archive as both a podcast and a YouTube video and/or audio file after the live show.

GUN TALK YouTube channel here:

https://m.youtube.com/user/GunTalkTV

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That was the first thing I did when got back home this morning around 10am was to log on and check the orders list from SCOTUS.I kept expecting to see an order saying the case was moot as I was scrolling all the way thru it to the end and to my surprise Nada nothing at all. I now wonder who is writing the opinion saying the case is moot and why it is.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    That was the first thing I did when got back home this morning around 10am was to log on and check the orders list from SCOTUS.I kept expecting to see an order saying the case was moot as I was scrolling all the way thru it to the end and to my surprise Nada nothing at all. I now wonder who is writing the opinion saying the case is moot and why it is.

We dont know for sure that the case is moot. If the case were moot, I would expect some movement on the other cases being held.

Right now, no news is generally good news.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The movement on the other cases, IMO, would be relisting them for conference. That happens on Mondays, and the dockets will be updated later today if it occurred.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    yeah, we'll see if they relist some later today.

If not... the longer we go without any news the more nervous the anti's are going to get. In that case, I foresee some herculean post-arguments maneuvers like in the census case, to sway Roberts. If a trick works once people do it again and again, and Roberts is clearly swayed by post-merits media coverage.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Bingo. If the Court does not say it is moot on the 13th or 16th, above the fold of the Washington Post will be a full-color picture of the Baltimore homicide whiteboard. Below the fold will be mothers crying about their children who were at Maryland House trying to buy a sandwich, but encountered someone from NYC who was transporting a pistol to a vacation home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom