Thread: Senator Zirkin
View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:30 AM #4
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen65 View Post
He's not an ideological friend of 2A, but he's not a rabid SJW adversary, either, He's a moderate, pragmatic Democrat who really dislikes poorly written bills that will have unintended consequences because they're poorly thought out or worded. From what I've heard from those who have spoken with him, he can be influenced by well presented arguments backed by documented facts.

Compared to loony-left members like Del. Moon, and simply malicious pols like Dumais who seem to get sadistic pleasure out of abusing pro-2A, pro due process Marylanders, Sen. Zirkin is Charleton Heston.
Agreed on all counts! You can talk reason with Sen. Zirkin and he listens. He also prides himself as a very good lawyer who understands precedent and the need for legislation to be properly crafted. These qualities put him in the top tier of all the members of the General Assembly in my book. That's not to say I agree with him, but I *can* talk to him.