• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    While we're on this topic, I was not super-impressed with my P80 Builder G26-sized cerakoted slide... it was thick enough that it affected tolerances in the locking area of the ejection port, and I had to work the slide quite a number of times to get it to lock in smoothly / all the way. IMHO, melonite is the way to go on these slides.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    While we're on this topic, I was not super-impressed with my P80 Builder G26-sized cerakoted slide... it was thick enough that it affected tolerances in the locking area of the ejection port, and I had to work the slide quite a number of times to get it to lock in smoothly / all the way. IMHO, melonite is the way to go on these slides.

Thanks for the info and advice :)

ryan

Jul 8, 2015
    Who has the complete build kit(everything needed to complete the P80?) To be honest I don’t have the time to shop a gazillion different sites for every individual piece. I want to do the compact with textured grip(debating p80 texture vs brownell’s texture). Although I’ve been all about shooting 9mm due to cost, I’m thinking of doing this in 40 S&W...depends on if I can find an all in one kit to complete it or a source who has everything I need. Thank you all for your help.
    Non-factory kit may have fitting issues. Best bet is get a factory upper

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited:

dmable44

Jul 4, 2018
    Anyone on here build a long slide P80 yet? I know they just came out with a dedicated 19L frame but I also saw Lone Wolf came out with a “slide adapter” so you can run a 19 slide on a 26, a 17 or a 34 slide on a 19.

My intentions are to build a 26L for carry when I move out of MD and a 19L for range/target. I perform better with a sub/compact grip in my hand vs a full size for some reason so a sub/compact grip with a longer barrel and sight radius has my attention.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Anyone on here build a long slide P80 yet? I know they just came out with a dedicated 19L frame but I also saw Lone Wolf came out with a “slide adapter” so you can run a 19 slide on a 26, a 17 or a 34 slide on a 19.

My intentions are to build a 26L for carry when I move out of MD and a 19L for range/target. I perform better with a sub/compact grip in my hand vs a full size for some reason so a sub/compact grip with a longer barrel and sight radius has my attention.

Why not do a full size G17 frame and buy a G34 slide from Glockstore?

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    So if you build a ghost gun (hand gun)can you carry it outside of Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Why not do a full size G17 frame and buy a G34 slide from Glockstore?

That's what I did. It's actually a G35 slide that has had all the parts switched too G34 parts for 9mm. Ejector, extractor, barrel etc. I has getting stove pipes with the .40cal extractor and brass to the face with the .40cal ejector. All fixed now and runs perfectly. I doesn't have any gap that I can see.

The gun was built on the first P80 with the blocky grip. I smoothed it all out and added talon grip grips to it instead of stippling. Having the flared magwell is nice. It's a fun gun.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So if you build a ghost gun (hand gun)can you carry it outside of Maryland.

It's a legal firearm. Assuming you have a valid permit for carry where you wanna go it's certainly legal.

As of now, California requires them to be serialized since July and Bridgeport, CT. recently banned all ghost guns (posted previously)

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It's a legal firearm. Assuming you have a valid permit for carry where you wanna go it's certainly legal.

As of now, California requires them to be serialized since July and Bridgeport, CT. recently banned all ghost guns (posted previously)

So if you serialize the firearm and register it, would it no longer be a ghost gun, and thereby OK?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Please stop saying "Ghost Gun"
    It plays right into the anti's hands. Just like assault weapon, high capacity magazines and gun show loophole. All made up terms designed to turn the ignorant against legal gun ownership.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Cool, I’m thinking of building one.

Go for it. Brownell's has the G19/23 frame, Ready Mod, in OD Green for $89 shipped. There's 2 coupons to use, look online. One for $10 Off and then their Free Shipping code. I just ordered 2

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Is 80% better, or homemade gun? It has no serial number! OMG and it can take 30 caliber magazines. So scary. No one knows it exists, well except for the person that built it, and probably a few of their friends, oh and the place that sold it. Not having to wait 7 days and pay money to MD is a plus too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom