• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I will just leave this here. Litigation is expensive. httpss://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/join

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I will not be crass and tell you go get your shinebox

This is the second time ever in my life that I’ve heard this saying. Coincidentally, the second time in the past week, too. And both were here on MDS. Where does anyone actually use this saying or know what it means? I had to google it to know what it was supposed to mean. I found it, but it’s either way out of date or only makes sense in the sticks. Not sure. But I don’t know anywhere in civilized 2020 where it successfully lands on an intended target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is the second time ever in my life that I’ve heard this saying. Coincidentally, the second time in the past week, too. And both were here on MDS. Where does anyone actually use this saying or know what it means? I had to google it to know what it was supposed to mean. I found it, but it’s either way out of date or only makes sense in the sticks. Not sure. But I don’t know anywhere in civilized 2020 where it successfully lands on an intended target.

It is an obscure colloquialism known to those hereabouts. It’s meant more for the audience than the target, per se.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Cannot take possession within the state. You can go out of state and purchase and bring back into the state but the way the law is written you cannot purchase in state for delivery out of state due to a ruling that by doing that you are circumventing the “intent” of the law.

That only applies to FFLs. They may not sell in a handgun, and ship the standard cap magazines out of state for you.

It has not been tested in court, but there might be a case of you sitting at a computer in MD, purchasing mags for out of state delivery being you BUYING them in MD. I place my orders from work, which is in VA. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

A line from the movie "Goodfellas"

Language is not safe for work or kids.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    So how do I get a gun shipped to an FFL if it comes standard with a mag above 10 rounds? What’s the trick?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So how do I get a gun shipped to an FFL if it comes standard with a mag above 10 rounds? What’s the trick?

Plain and simple, it ain’t shipping to Maryland with YOU getting the mags, UNLESS you have an FFL who will pin them. If you purchase is out of State and are physically present, you can take the mags. If you are dealing with an individual, you might be able to get them to ship to an out-of-state address.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    So, what will the FFL do when they receive a gun with mags greater than 10 rounds? Will they notify me that they can only give me the gun...just trying to figure out the options or protocol.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    So, what will the FFL do when they receive a gun with mags greater than 10 rounds? Will they notify me that they can only give me the gun...just trying to figure out the options or protocol.

This is something you discuss with the FFL before you setup a transfer, every FFL handles this a different way.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    This is something you discuss with the FFL before you setup a transfer, every FFL handles this a different way.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarity. I’ll call my
    Local ones and see what the protocol is. Problem is, some sites won’t even allow me to ship to MD because of the mag law.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Makes sense, thanks for the clarity. I’ll call my
    Local ones and see what the protocol is. Problem is, some sites won’t even allow me to ship to MD because of the mag law.

Your best bet is to find a good shop fairly local to you and build a relationship. (that does not mean just using them for transfers because you got a better deal from someone else :innocent0) Once you become a regular customer, you might find that they work with you on prices to be competitive with buying online (and paying shipping and transfer fees), especially if you pay cash. Plus, that supports a local business.

They will have access to distributors that do ship to MD. You'll know their mag policy in advance. Maybe they'll pin for you, or maybe knock a few bucks off the price since they will be keeping the mags.

As with most things, local is better ;)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Your best bet is to find a good shop fairly local to you and build a relationship. (that does not mean just using them for transfers because you got a better deal from someone else :innocent0) Once you become a regular customer, you might find that they work with you on prices to be competitive with buying online (and paying shipping and transfer fees), especially if you pay cash. Plus, that supports a local business.

They will have access to distributors that do ship to MD. You'll know their mag policy in advance. Maybe they'll pin for you, or maybe knock a few bucks off the price since they will be keeping the mags.

As with most things, local is better ;)

This.

My shop will order me the same firearm at about the same final price.

Remember, you have to pay for the handgun. Pay for shipping. And pay the transfer fee.

But, I have built that relationship over several years.

I joke with them that I must be a good customer, as the first handgun I purchased, they wanted a 10% deposit to run the 77. A while later, I asked about ordering a certain pistol. They ordered it, got it in, processed the 77, and the first penny I paid was when I picked it up. :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Purchase, transfer, manufacture, etc....everything except posession is prohibited. Buy the mags out of state and bring them home (and to the range...wherever) is pefectly legal...for now. You can purchase the gun (if it's on the roster), but just cannot accept the mags that come with it. Take a trip to any of the neighboring states in America and buy your mags.

I think you can scratch Virginia off that list...

todo012

Jul 1, 2020
    Hi BeoBill, can you elaborate on scratching VA off the list? Does that mean as a MD resident I cannot buy the magazines in VA?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hi BeoBill, can you elaborate on scratching VA off the list? Does that mean as a MD resident I cannot buy the magazines in VA?

Since the state legislature joined the executive in going deep into Bloomberg-financed gum-grabbing Dem/Blue mode, mag capacity limits there are just a matter of time.

Last edited:

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    So, if I can’t find any stores in MD or VA with mags for P365XL, how Do I procure a 12 or 15 round mag online, that are in stock? Do I have them sent to a VA FFL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom