• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Finally got out today and shoot the APX . I'm very impressed with what Beretta did on a strike fire. Had a friend with me who carries a Walther PPQ who also fired it.let's just say I believe the PPQ won't get much use after he get his APX lol. . I did have 2 complaints. 1 the loading tool that is provided stinks !! It cocks the rounds nose up so bad that it can jam the rounds in the magazine. 2nd is the particular gun I have the 3 dot sites were never completely painted in , especially the front 1. Those were my only complaints. Other than that the gun fired flawlessly! !! Love the trigger. And the grip has a very natural angle , it feels great !! Did not shoot any paper. But shot a metal plate about 18 inches square at about 50 yards and never missed it.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Finally got out today and shoot the APX . I'm very impressed with what Beretta did on a strike fire. Had a friend with me who carries a Walther PPQ who also fired it.let's just say I believe the PPQ won't get much use after he get his APX lol. . I did have 2 complaints. 1 the loading tool that is provided stinks !! It cocks the rounds nose up so bad that it can jam the rounds in the magazine. 2nd is the particular gun I have the 3 dot sites were never completely painted in , especially the front 1. Those were my only complaints. Other than that the gun fired flawlessly! !! Love the trigger. And the grip has a very natural angle , it feels great !! Did not shoot any paper. But shot a metal plate about 18 inches square at about 50 yards and never missed it.

good to hear just looked today not yet on the MSP scary not scary list .Still have not found any Md compliant. Thanks for the info

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Oh Okay, the way you made it sound was that the ppq is such a inferior gun there's no need in even having it around so I figured he want to just dump it and I'd be willing to pounce all over it if it's a good deal.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I believe I said it wouldn't get much use. If you knew him like I do it stays in his collection ( he has a very nice 1) I have guns I haven't shot in 20+ years . But there not for sale lol

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    just got a email from Beretta today . I've seen no movement on the scary not scary list for the APX. So I sent them a email In hopes they had some inside news. No news we have are fingers crossed per Beretta cust. serv.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    This will be my final pistol purchase when it's all said and done. After that I will only buy and build rifles. I am already working on a healthy amount of pistols and I don't want a ton of pistols in the same calibers and then you factor in I only have interest in 9mm and 45acp and one 40 on the way it's like how many 9mm and 45s do I really need once I hit 4 9mm's and 3 45s?

When it comes to rifles it seems like there are cartridges and setups of large varieties that serve many different purposes, ranges etc while pistols are just pistols to me.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Hickock 45 has a good one

Found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ugzkfT7Sc

I was able to fondle all variations of the APX at the NRA Expo in Atlanta and determined then the APX would be on my short list for next purchase. The Beretta rep out of Accokeek HQ said the APX had been submitted and should be cleared at the next roster meeting. What I didn't like is that it appears all the variations of colors and sights will be considered accessories and purchased separately from the base gun in black with three dot (not night) sights. Unless I misunderstood, that will add to the cost if one wants to customize to their particular liking. All three grip pads felt good, but the medium felt best to me. The trigger was sublime with very short reset. Appearance is very subjective, but I think they look much better than the "gold standard" Glock. Pesonally, I'd like the gray frame with night sights. Initially this will be full size only, but since the gun is modular like the P320, I fully expect compact and subcompact models to follow. And yes, guns sold in MD will have 10 round mags as part of the "special" MD sales kit.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ugzkfT7Sc

I was able to fondle all variations of the APX at the NRA Expo in Atlanta and determined then the APX would be on my short list for next purchase. The Beretta rep out of Accokeek HQ said the APX had been submitted and should be cleared at the next roster meeting. What I didn't like is that it appears all the variations of colors and sights will be considered accessories and purchased separately from the base gun in black with three dot (not night) sights. Unless I misunderstood, that will add to the cost if one wants to customize to their particular liking. All three grip pads felt good, but the medium felt best to me. The trigger was sublime with very short reset. Appearance is very subjective, but I think they look much better than the "gold standard" Glock. Pesonally, I'd like the gray frame with night sights. Initially this will be full size only, but since the gun is modular like the P320, I fully expect compact and subcompact models to follow. And yes, guns sold in MD will have 10 round mags as part of the "special" MD sales kit.

Thanks for the info I told G and R in Charlotte Hall as soon as his distributer list it order one for me

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Handled a FN 509 today next to the Beretta APX . While the FN''s grip is a improvement over the FN 9 the trigger was absolutely terrible! ! I was hoping it was a nicer handgun so I could add 1 to the collection. But with a price tag about $200.00 more than the Beretta I can't see adding 1. The APX to me is so much nicer for the money! !

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Big Dogs has 1 in stock. They will transfer the gun to all pawn. Then you can pick up the standard capacity mags in VA where you bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom