• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Yep, I'm heading out after 10 this morning. They're not moving at daybreak by me right now.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    6pt Buck down in Virginia this morning

In Louisa Country with CVA Optima at about 50 yards. He walked out at about 8am where I had my smoke pole pointed.

Attachments

• OP-6pt-2017.jpg
      OP-6pt-2017.jpg
      207.5 KB · Views: 179

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I saw a giant buck out in the middle of a field in Cecil Co yesterday about 11:30, right off 95. Makes me think they're moving mid day now. I've had no late afternoon action recently.

Edit: just checked Scoutlook...says major moving times are midnight to 2am, and 11:30am to 1:30pm, so I guess I was right.

Yeah, I think that is the issue I was facing. They are moving late at night and mid day right now. I’ve seen nothing in the mornings and evenings. Not exactly been doing serious scouting, but o have noticed that pattern change. Like out on the pipeline I’ve seen them at lunch time and nothing mornings and evenings, which is the opposite of what it was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In Louisa Country with CVA Optima at about 50 yards. He walked out at about 8am where I had my smoke pole pointed.

My buddy just killed this 13 pointer this morning in Brandywine.
    d4058d5bf9caa5ae0dacdfcad17fe813.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

deer2017.jpg

hopefully can get something a little bigger than this tiny buck once I actually have time to spend out in the woods!

Congratulations all you deer slayers. I'll be heading out in the morning. If they're not moving yet, I'll sleep. :D

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    It seems like the consensus is "deer are moving at either 8am, 9am, 11am, 2pm, or 5pm"

I suppose that means I should get out there in the dark tomorrow and sit there for as long as it takes!

If someone with lots of experience hunting the rut thinks I shouldn't waste my time with a 4am wakeup tomorrow...let me know!

The forecast is for 35-50 degrees with on/off drizzle tomorrow afternoon. That tends to be good hunting conditions in my experience. Good luck everyone!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Go get em!

I'm taking a break til Monday, then headed out for 2 days in WV for rifle season.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Moving this afternoon. Have had two bucks in shotgun range already. Nothing close enougg for the xbow though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It seems like the consensus is "deer are moving at either 8am, 9am, 11am, 2pm, or 5pm"

I suppose that means I should get out there in the dark tomorrow and sit there for as long as it takes!

If someone with lots of experience hunting the rut thinks I shouldn't waste my time with a 4am wakeup tomorrow...let me know!

The forecast is for 35-50 degrees with on/off drizzle tomorrow afternoon. That tends to be good hunting conditions in my experience. Good luck everyone!

New moon will be directly over head at noon tomorrow. The two optimal times for animal(including fish)movement are when the moon is directly over head and directly under foot(These times change daily by aprox 48 mins. per day). Deer have two major and two minor feeding periods a day.

I will be in my tree when the sun rises. Remember, there are other things that influence deer movement. Both human and natural. I don't take chances. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    New moon will be directly over head at noon tomorrow. The two optimal times for animal(including fish)movement are when the moon is directly over head and directly under foot(These times change daily by aprox 48 mins. per day). Deer have two major and two minor feeding periods a day.

I will be in my tree when the sun rises. Remember, there are other things that influence deer movement. Both human and natural. I don't take chances. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.

I dont know what the hell that means, but i'll be huntin' tomorrow too :toothless

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Saw 3 bucks today. Only one that gave me a shot was a young 4 pt. He lives to see another day. No one responded to any calls, just went about their business.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Suggestions on what to do if I bust a deer where I was going to put a stand up? Put my stand up anyway figuring it might come back later in the day? Or find somewhere else? Yesterday nothing came through in the evening, but I did bump a big doe about 30yds from where I ended up setting up my stand at 3pm. Earliest I could get there after work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom