• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I am currently looking for work in the engineering/technician fields. I have an A.S. in Engineering and an A.A. in General Studies with a mathematics concentration. As far as work experience I have over 5 years as an Aviation Assembler and around 3-4 combined years as an automotive mechanic. Also as many of you know me one here, I consider myself competent with electronics too. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you are interested just message me for my resume and everything. Thanks guys!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I just updated my resume and it came out to 2 1/2 pages. Is that to long or is it ok?

My short answer is: it depends. If you have a lengthy work history and the accomplishments that come with it, I would expect a 2 page resume. If you are 5 or 10 years into it, I would expect a 1 pager.

I'd focus on accomplishments with specific results. For example, this doesn't fly: "Led a cross functional team delivering an updated platform."

Make it more focused on the outcomes: "Led cross functional team of 15, delivered updated platform for 300 users resulting in $xxx in savings."

I think 2 1/2 is bit too much. I'd streamline it and make it very specific. If it matters any, I've been hiring for positions the last 20 years or so. Hope that helps.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My short answer is: it depends. If you have a lengthy work history and the accomplishments that come with it, I would expect a 2 page resume. If you are 5 or 10 years into it, I would expect a 1 pager.

I'd focus on accomplishments with specific results. For example, this doesn't fly: "Led a cross functional team delivering an updated platform."

Make it more focused on the outcomes: "Led cross functional team of 15, delivered updated platform for 300 users resulting in $xxx in savings."

I think 2 1/2 is bit too much. I'd streamline it and make it very specific. If it matters any, I've been hiring for positions the last 20 years or so. Hope that helps.

Good info thanks

Yeah its 22 years of experience / highlights. I'm going to try and get it down to 2 pages max. Thanks

Feb 24, 2017
    accounting degree with no experience in field

Recent graduate in accounting but havent yet worked in the field to gain the experience most employers demand. Have been self-employeed for over 13 years as a eBay powerseller but the market is drying up and as I get older (late 30's) Id prefer something more conventional and stable.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Good info thanks

Yeah its 22 years of experience / highlights. I'm going to try and get it down to 2 pages max. Thanks

Resumes should be written to support your skills, experience and training that you are presenting a recruiter for a given position, if you shotgun a resume with everything when you applying it will find file 13 most of the time. I had to read a 1000 to find 10 that I would interview. I hanging up my hat and retiring shorty but might work a part time as a technical recruiter, then again I reached my goal to "Not need work again".

BusaJ52

Jul 13, 2016
    Cecil
    Looking for work

Most experienced in welding, mechanical based and fabrication.
    I wouldn't mind a career change if one presented itself.

Attachments

• res2.txt
      1.6 KB · Views: 231

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    There's an opening for a person with a security clearance and VB.NET / SQL Server experience in Landover, MD. PM me for details.

-John

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Outside Sales Position Wanted

Just was let go today.
    Have been in the construction equipment sales and rental industry since 2008 and the alcoholic beverage industry 15 years before that.
    Looking to stay in my current field in and around the Baltimore area and beyond. Please contact me I need to start a new position asap. Have updated reesume. PM me here please

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    If anyone here is willing to work over the bridge (IE, northern VA), I've got a recruiter who is looking for cleared software developers and other IT positions (different from the job in Landover).

PM me for details.

-John

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I'm posting this for my wife. She has 30 years working in the bakery department at one of the local grocery stores. About 20 years as a Bakery Mgr. She was responsible for scheduling, inventorying and ordering product, profit/loss, food safety, training new employees, and customer service. She's open to just about anything. She loves kids and has done child care in the past. We're in the Germantown area. Anything in Montgomery, Frederick county or Mt Airy areas would be considered. Thanks everyone in advance for any leads.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Any opportunities welcomed.

Richard Speakman
    Sr. Biochemist
    Rising Sun, MD 21911
    dickspeakman1@gmail.com - 410-441-4961
    Authorized to work in the US for any employer
    WORK EXPERIENCE
    Sr. Biochemist
    SIEMENS - Glasgow, DE - 2007 to 2016
    Researched, developed and commercialized electrolyte sensors and fluidics for both Vista® and Atellica®
    clinical analyzers. Performed all testing associated with successful 510K submission to FDA subsequently
    transferring knowledge to manufacturing.
    • Performed six sigma experiments optimizing a superior epoxy chloride membrane.
    • Demonstrated feasibility which resulted in securing project funding for sensor enhancement program.
    • Organized and directed technician efforts to accomplish clinical testing in adherence of ISO9001
    requirements.
    • Performed patient sample correlations, interference, ANOVA and stability testing.
    • Accomplished successful 510K product submission for both sensor systems.
    • Bonded for clearance handling controlled substances
    Technologist
    DADE BEHRING - Glasgow, DE - 2002 to 2007
    Initiated concept for replacing current OEM electrolyte detection system with a planar disposable ceramic
    based electrolyte sensor.
    • Personally prepared concept electrolyte polymer membranes screen printing onto ceramic substrates
    demonstrating product feasibility.
    • Optimized, and developed, polymer matrices for sodium, potassium and chloride membranes for clinical
    application.
    • Performed all testing related to 510K submission for FDA.
    • Successfully commercialized both MultiPLY® and QuickLYTE® sensors utilized on the Dimension® clinical
    analyzer.
    Richard A. Speakman 410-441-4961
    • Designed, and managed, field evaluations for Solid State Metabolite project at Milford Memorial Hospital,
    Delaware.
    POSITION PRIOR TO 2002
    DuPont, Glasgow, Delaware, Technologist
    EDUCATION
    AA in Chemistry
    Delaware Technical & Community College

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I'm posting this for my wife. She has 30 years working in the bakery department at one of the local grocery stores. About 20 years as a Bakery Mgr. She was responsible for scheduling, inventorying and ordering product, profit/loss, food safety, training new employees, and customer service. She's open to just about anything. She loves kids and has done child care in the past. We're in the Germantown area. Anything in Montgomery, Frederick county or Mt Airy areas would be considered. Thanks everyone in advance for any leads.
    Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've thrown myself out here before and have had several members reach out to me but no solid hits thus far. So I'll toss myself out there again to see if anyone is looking.

Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2013. Done a bit of everything including mechanical assembly, design, sales, estimating, project management. You name it I feel like I've done it at least once. Casually searching for something closer to home (right now Darlington, White Marsh in the future) as I'm growing tired of driving to Baltimore.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've thrown myself out here before and have had several members reach out to me but no solid hits thus far. So I'll toss myself out there again to see if anyone is looking.

Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2013. Done a bit of everything including mechanical assembly, design, sales, estimating, project management. You name it I feel like I've done it at least once. Casually searching for something closer to home (right now Darlington, White Marsh in the future) as I'm growing tired of driving to Baltimore.

Self serving gentle bump. Had one member reach out but the position was too far of a commute for me to consider in good conscious.

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    U.S. Army Vet. 30+ years in Foodservice/Customer Service. 6 years working in a Coin Shop doing shipping, inventory, internet listings. I have been at my current job for 15 years. Just found out that as of 30 November the company I work for will be losing its contract.
    I am a hard worker, very loyal, trustworthy and a quick learner. I can send a resume if wanted. PM for quick response.
    Thanks for looking.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    .NET developer here, found out my contract is ending soon. VB.NET, some C# experience, plenty of MS SQL Server, a little Oracle, good with MS Office products, some JIRA experience, Agile environment. 19+ years of experience in the field. Cleared. Located in MoCo. Willing to do non-IT stuff if the pay is good enough, wouldn't mind doing IT Hardware.

PM me for my resume.

Thanks!

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom