• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sl4si

Feb 15, 2006
    What can we do as a group ?

Mini flier ? who will create, what will it say

What are our actions steps when we meet and great at a gun show ???

Any ideas, please speak up !
    MP

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    I think some kind of flier or hand out could be a good thing. Have on it some sites people can go to and learn the truth about ccw and maybe some stats from states that are already RTC.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Silverado prohibits handing out of printed material without prior approval. Since the Silverado folks have drunk the Purtilo Kool-Aid thinking that CCW bills will automatically lead to an AWB, it's unlikely that you would be allowed to distribute anything.

OTOH, "No" never hurt anyone.....

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Norton said:
    Silverado prohibits handing out of printed material without prior approval. Since the Silverado folks have drunk the Purtilo Kool-Aid thinking that CCW bills will automatically lead to an AWB, it's unlikely that you would be allowed to distribute anything.

OTOH, "No" never hurt anyone.....
    This whole Purtilo thing makes my head hurt. He and his minions are truly a certified bag of suck.

If Silverado returns with a "No", then I'm going to have to change my signature to "Why does Silverado oppose your right to self defense?". It would accomplish nothing but, well, my head hurts. :banghead:

silveradogs

Mar 4, 2006
    DD214,
    Just go ahead and change your signature.
    Had been thinking things over, but after reading your comments...
    Good Luck,
    Frank

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Hi Frank,

If comments made on an internet forumn dictate how you run your business, well that's your business. But I think it would be narrow minded to not consider the bigger picture of things, especially since you know the real facts now surrounding all of Jim Purtilo's false allegations against the 1100+ people who have joined MSI in the past year. None of us care who gets the laws changed, we just want them changed; obviously for the better. It's a shame that people with power, yourself included play politics with the issues instead of supporting those that are tired of sitting on their asses waiting for bad things to happen to them.

If you won't support ccw, and fight against the AWB with us (or by yourself for that matter; I don't recall ever seeing your name on the sign up sheets to testify at the legislative hearings for the past three years), then I see no reason why any gun owner should continue to patronize your gunshows.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    silveradogs said:
    DD214,
    Just go ahead and change your signature.
    Had been thinking things over, but after reading your comments...
    Good Luck,
    Frank
    Oh, I'm pretty sure you had your mind made up long before you read any of my comments. I just wanted you to go on record one way or the other. Anyway, I never personally attacked you or your gun show. I simply reacted to a prior post, while still giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now that you have responded, we know where you stand, and unfortunately it is not with us.

If your hostility is due to comments I made about Jim Purtilo, then I am absolutely unapologetic. It is one thing for those in the pro-gun community to debate each other and to prioritize goals differently, but to actively oppose our efforts, and to SUE ONE OF OUR GREATEST ALLIES IN THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES is simply wrong. I expect Ceasefire MD to release "I :heart: Jim Purtilo" bumper stickers any day.

Differences aside, please consider joining our effort. All we want is the right to defend ourselves and our families.

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Funny how until Purtilo started his rants against us political neophytes, Silverado gunshows allowed MSI to distribute information at the shows.

Too bad the self-appointed powers that be are more concerned about who gets the credit for getting the laws changed than actually doing something to fix things :sad20: Of course these are the same PTB that have gotten us in the positiion that we're currently in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom