• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Looking for something a little different. Maybe in 308. Anyone have any 1st hand experience with one of these?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Years ago I had one from Springfield Armory...was great. I ended up selling it when offered stupid money for it. Fulton Armory has a good reputation...I don't think I would worry about buying one from them.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a 308 Tanker M1. I really love it. It is fun, and affordable to shoot. I like the shorter length, and overall feel of the rifle. I had a slight issue with the op rod rubbing the stock. I took it to Charley Maloney and he worked on the stock, and did a trigger job on it, and it's a great shooter now. Since you are in Westminster too, if you'd like to take a look at it sometime next week to see if you really want a tanker, feel free to PM me. Some Tanker builds are supposedly sketchy, but I lucked out, and evidently mine was in good shape.

My mini M1;
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5364512&postcount=25

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Shuff's did an great job on my Mini-G. The re-parkerizing job is excellent. You can use your existing barrel, or switch to a fresh one in .308.

Not cheap, but I'm not taking it with me anyway. And the donor was fairly beat-up, so no loss there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom