• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I think this is headed down the path to Harrison Bergeron.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    If you are really thinking of running with a tactical vest on better know your neighbors and the LEO in the area. I can hear 911 calls now "Man with body armor running quickly down the road near the school". Chris

I used to walk with a weight vest that resembles very closely a chest plate carrier (or whatever they’re called). Got many many looks before I got an oversized shirt to wear.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Let me state for the record... I DON'T RUN (unless someone is chasing me with a machete... even then, my preferred solution would be to turn and fire)... the joke on my high school baseball team was that I had to hit a triple to get a single (actually that was probably pretty accurate)... but I do walk a lot. Have recently taken to strapping my dive belt over my back like a bandoleer to add weight and increase my endurance. It has been working out pretty well and isn't at all uncomfortable.... I've got about 80lbs of dive weights so if I wanted I could simulate a full rucksack pretty easily (I don't typically do that). If I were inclined to run (highly unlikely) I agree that I probably wouldn't do it with added weights as my knees are already pretty shot.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I don't understand...you're running with a ball and chain, and still need something to slow you down? :innocent0

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    RS036_330_1.JPG

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Perfect excuse to buy a bass boat on a trailer, as something to pull behind you. "It's for my cardio, honey!"

I got mine after two years of begging for a Harley(she totalled yer leg in a motorcycle accident after we got married). I said "well then, what about a bass boat?". She said sure. Let's go buy one! :party29:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****We have these at the gym I go to. There's another brand as well made by Power Systems. Adjustable weights and pretty comfortable. I always joke with folks running in them that they are training to be suicide bombers.

Just eat more and you can make your own weight vest! 10,20,40 lbs in 1 lbs increments. Almost the very definition of progressive overload!

Here's a pic of a guy doing a sophisticated stabilization and motor coordination exercise with his weight vest....

Attachments

• fat-guy-on-a-rock.jpg
      fat-guy-on-a-rock.jpg
      74.4 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads