• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Follow up, it's seems to work with limited test shooting. Long story but bending the little spring doesn't help. Help from Franklin was needed.
    I did discover a much easier way to install the ids spring than they show on the Web site. I think it's going to be a ton of fun and ammo costly!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did not realize that you had to install the selector switch before you installed the Gen III BFS trigger pack. When I removed the pins to remove the trigger, everything fell apart. After shooting that little spring across the room a couple of times, and the subsequent flashlight searches, I finally got it all back together.

Learning curve check, Install the safety selector first. LOL

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Forgot to add, I was shooting .22lr Remington pistol match. Well, they did not feed well. That just added to the problem. Switched to Colibri sv, fed and shot great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used Thunderduds on my 10.5" Palmetto AR pistol using a CMMG stainless 22 conversion with success both suppressed and unsuppressed with a Form1 suppressor. I still need to get more trigger time on the PSA AR9 pistol. Still contemplating whether to keep the flash hider mounted or to replace it with a Gemtech 1/2 x 36 mount. Also I need to fire my AR with an Fostech echo installed. The AR pistol shooting 22 definitely is the cheapest to shoot and with no recoil.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I just installed BFS3 in a 80%. I had to do a little gunsmithing to get it to pass all the checks. About 2 days worth , but it is right now. It was a PITA, but I really like the thought of this not having serial numbers.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I just installed BFS3 in a 80%. I had to do a little gunsmithing to get it to pass all the checks. About 2 days worth , but it is right now. It was a PITA, but I really like the thought of this not having serial numbers.

You don't enjoying milling out an 80%? Im on my, well saying would beat the point wouldn't it?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    You don't enjoying milling out an 80%? Im on my, well saying would beat the point wouldn't it?

It wasnt the 80% milling that wasnt enjoyable. It was the gunsmithing on the trigger that was a little frustrating. I had to figure out each and every curve and understand the mechanics of the trigger. Then had to modify it to work.

Over all, I am enjoying the process and have a complete lower ready to go. Now its onto building the upper. (Menawhile Ill test my lower with my mil spec Colt HBar upper):D

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It wasnt the 80% milling that wasnt enjoyable. It was the gunsmithing on the trigger that was a little frustrating. I had to figure out each and every curve and understand the mechanics of the trigger. Then had to modify it to work.

Over all, I am enjoying the process and have a complete lower ready to go. Now its onto building the upper. (Menawhile Ill test my lower with my mil spec Colt HBar upper):D

Mine dropped in about 30 mins and passed every check. Worked perfectly at the range as well. This was in a PSA 9mm lower.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I had my order placed within 3 minutes after the pre-order web site was opened! LOL

Been waiting a while.

Yep. I ordered mine that day as well, but not as soon as your order. I hope that doesn't mean that mine takes a month longer to ship... I look forward to being an early adopter.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Yep. I ordered mine that day as well, but not as soon as your order. I hope that doesn't mean that mine takes a month longer to ship... I look forward to being an early adopter.

Yep, I had an alarm set and had the site up on my computer with the clock counting down. LOL

They were suppose to be out by the end of July. Some problem with a spring or something from one of their suppliers. I would rather them work it out before they ship, I guess.

I hope they start shipping by the end of September but I am not holding my breath just yet.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I made some anodized aluminum labels to replace the paper 1s ( they look and feel awful cheap) I still need to make a fixture to remove them from the sheet. They have 3m backing. Can't wait to replace the paper 1's :-)

Attachments

• 20170802_085558.jpg
      20170802_085558.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 384

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The HK Binary triggers are starting to ship. From what I can gather, the people who pre-pre-ordered in person at the Shot Show will start getting them next week. If you pre-ordered them on-line, it will still be a couple of weeks. They did say that you should get an email with tracking once yours ships.

In anticipation for this trigger, I bought a new HK ejector pin and lever but I have been waiting for so long, I think I lost them. LOL

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The HK Binary triggers are starting to ship. From what I can gather, the people who pre-pre-ordered in person at the Shot Show will start getting them next week. If you pre-ordered them on-line, it will still be a couple of weeks. They did say that you should get an email with tracking once yours ships.

In anticipation for this trigger, I bought a new HK ejector pin and lever but I have been waiting for so long, I think I lost them. LOL

Yeah, me too. I think I know where I put the extra parts that I bought...maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom