• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I got a couple over the door hanging shoe organizers. They are clear plastic and I put labels on them for what is what.

I just tacked them on a wall in the spare room.

That would work perfect. If I had an extra room with a door that my wife wouldn't ever see......

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I like the 50 cal can pistol mag organizers tell sell on amazon. Its a big block of foam thats precut for mags. You can even make a legend taped to the lid if you have alot of types.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hi, Kev!

I install adhesive backed magnetic strips high up on the inside walls of my safes for empty mags (take em out as I remove their respective gun) but, the sheer number different Glock and 1911 mags we have finally drove us to get clear Tupperware type storage boxes from shoebox size on up to bigger sizes in order keep all the Glock and 1911 mags separated, first by model and caliber (ie, 19 vs 23 vs 21j with 32 and 22 sticks in their own boxes.

Holster confusion lead to some holsters going in the model specific boxes as well (THAT solved a HUGE headache!)

System I implemented with model paint decades ago has saved me untold time: .38Spl = silver*: 9mm = yellow; .40 = blue; .45 = red (* = don’t anyone laugh; I keep my Model 52 mags on magnetic strips in safes adjacent to strips holding Model 39 mags!)

Ammo cans and mag pouches and well, anything that may need marking, same system. I can be across the room and see what’s on a shelf on the other side or quickly discern what’s in range bags, etc. BIG time saver ...

I stopped marking my 556 / 7.62x51 / x39 mags a long time ago but, when I did they were marked tan, white and green, respectively.

Now with a wife who N.C. CHP’s alternatively between a Glock 26** (winter) 42 and 43 (summer) she requests I simply use a Sharpie silver marker to mark her 43 mags with a big “9” and her 42 mags with a big “380” in gold Sharpie.

Of course, you can’t easily get the old Testors model paint any longer (cuzza huffers and sniffers I’m assuming) so I use the acrylic paint pens out hobby store aisles.

**Funny woman: couple years back we had a manhunt for a truly pos hombre around our area and I came home that afternoon to find her sitting in her recliner watching TV with her Model 26 on the end table - with a 32 round stick protruding from it, the chihuahua asleep in her lap.

I gestured toward the end table and queried, “wtf?” She put the tv on mute long enough to reply, “If someone comes in the house uninvited I am not getting up!”

I cringe when I think what that poor little chihuahua would’ve done had a gun gone off over his head (instantly stroked out is my guess :-/ but Man, I LOVE her!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Plastic shoe boxes from Target.

Just write on the end with a Sharpie, then on the shelf.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Wife solved the issue with her Target app. Now to actually organize something......

Attachments

• 20200616_205155.jpg
      20200616_205155.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 232

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Of course, you can’t easily get the old Testors model paint any longer (cuzza huffers and sniffers I’m assuming) so I use the acrylic paint pens out hobby store aisles.

Testors is available, if you can find a real hobby store.

But look at Tamiya model paints. They are water based acrylic.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Testors is available, if you can find a real hobby store.

But look at Tamiya model paints. They are water based acrylic.

Little off topic, but if your looking for the old style testors enamel paints..

Hobby Lobby has Testors Enamel and Acrylic.

There are a few real hobby stores left in MD:
    Star Hobby in Whitehall near the Bay Bridge
    Competition Mini's in Towson
    Hobby Works in Laurel and Rockville

Couple of Hobbytown USA's (Easton, Frederick) as well.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just have a box of mags. Just dump box and sort through until you find what you want. Different kind of mag dump ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpg
      IMG_0680.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 221

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    This is what I'm leaning towards. Two of these for pistol mags should do the trick. I'm not looking to store these loaded so the plastic should hold up. Link to where you bought that by any chance? For those who store em in ammo cans that's too much work to grab em when I want to go out back and shoot. The open drawer, grab mag, close drawer is right up my lazy alley. I number all my mags with a paint pen but think I'll invest in a label maker sometime soon for the drawers.

Sorry that I didn't reply. Forgot all about this thread. What you got should work fine. Would definitely put the heavier ones in the bottom drawers, though. Could tip over if you pull out a heavy drawer at the top.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I just have a box of mags. Just dump box and sort through until you find what you want. Different kind of mag dump ;)

That works because you don't have enough mags. :sad20::sad20:

That method doesn't work when you get a "reasonable" number of mags. :lol2::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom