• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    Is there any data or any means to obtain the data that would show how many times a business owner with a CC permit hand a crime perpetrated upon them regardless of the outcome. Then compare that data to the number of citizens without a CC permit who had a crime perpetrated upon them. I’m trying to see the MSP’s logic as to why business owners are more likely to be victims of crime vs non business owners.
    Tried to search for relevant topics but had no luck.
    If this is a dupe then delete this

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Is there any data or any means to obtain the data that would show how many times a business owner with a CC permit hand a crime perpetrated upon them regardless of the outcome. Then compare that data to the number of citizens without a CC permit who had a crime perpetrated upon them. I’m trying to see the MSP’s logic as to why business owners are more likely to be victims of crime vs non business owners.

It’s because we make money for them through additional taxes. If we’re dead they stop making money off us. Their pimp hand is strong.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know of one business owner that was murdered years ago by an ex-employee , they knew he carried cash . I have been threatened , but the police claimed it did not rise to the level of a police report or any further investigation . I am sure they would have investigated my murder but not 100% sure ..:innocent0

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    I’m not discounting that business owners should be issued a permit. I’m not dismissing the importance of the business owner right to carry. I’m trying to collect the data as to the number of times a business owne’s life was in jeopardy vs the “average” citizen. I know this is Maryland but could any of this information help a non business owner get a CC permit

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m not discounting that business owners should be issued a permit. I’m not dismissing the importance of the business owner right to carry. I’m trying to collect the data as to the number of times a business owne’s life was in jeopardy vs the “average” citizen. I know this is Maryland but could any of this information help a non business owner get a CC permit

I understand the fight and sympathetic to it , hopefully soon the courts will force Maryland to do what it is suppose to do in the first place .

To be honest I never thought in my lifetime Wash. DC would fall .

I don't know where you would find data of that nature , but good luck and I wish you well in the search .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

phelanx

Nov 10, 2016
    Based on the criteria in the application and lines of questioning, their motivation is purely monetarily driven... maybe. (1) 6+ recent deposit slips, (2) 3+ months of bank statements, (3) 10+ receipts or invoices for business-related property, and (4) copies of documentation proving you're actually a business. Certainly looks like it is money, right? Well, I suppose my other overly general and likely ignorant take is that they had to find a way to create a small class of "responsible people" and ran with "business owners".

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Based on the criteria in the application and lines of questioning, their motivation is purely monetarily driven... maybe. (1) 6+ recent deposit slips, (2) 3+ months of bank statements, (3) 10+ receipts or invoices for business-related property, and (4) copies of documentation proving you're actually a business. Certainly looks like it is money, right? Well, I suppose my other overly general and likely ignorant take is that they had to find a way to create a small class of "responsible people" and ran with "business owners".

Those things are intended to demonstrate that the business is more than just a prop, that it’s actually doing some tangible business.

A lot of this is inertia from back when it was more about the assumed risk of routinely handling lots of cash (night deposits after you close the liquor store, that sort of thing). It morphed over time to business owners generally. Which is definitely an unfair standard, but it is what it is (for now - go MSI!).

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick

Data, logic? This is Maryland and gun laws....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    This is my big concern. I know some who have provided very little business info and others who have had to provide ALOT of information. No rhyme or reason why. I wonder what measure they will use to decide if your business is business-y enough

TD

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Probably far less for business owners. The number of people who do not own a business and work for someone else FAR outweighs those who own their own business.
    If you are strictly speaking of a 1v1 comparison, then I would probably say the business owner. However much of that depends upon where the individual lives, works, etc.
    Some people are at a much greater risk simply because of their geographical location. Looking at you Baltimore.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    This is my big concern. I know some who have provided very little business info and others who have had to provide ALOT of information. No rhyme or reason why. I wonder what measure they will use to decide if your business is business-y enough

TD
    Guessing you would need applicable business licences in this very regulated state to even have gotten a restricted one with "good and substantial " reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Boondock,

We'll each set up a business that deposits and writes checks to each other. You write me a $100 check, I deposit and then write you a $100 check. You deposit and the cycle is repeated on a weekly basis. In a few months we'll have proof of money handling and the need for an unrestricted CL.

:thumbsup:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Boondock,

We'll each set up a business that deposits and writes checks to each other. You write me a $100 check, I deposit and then write you a $100 check. You deposit and the cycle is repeated on a weekly basis. In a few months we'll have proof of money handling and the need for an unrestricted CL.

:thumbsup:

I like the idea. How do you avoid paying taxes on the cash?

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Why would the cc aspect be needed? You want armed robbery reports for all businesses vs AR reports for Joe average citizen. I think it will show the business owner has more risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom