• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    You can try my G30S's slide on your frame and see if the problem goes away if you want.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Post a picture or video of the top side of the frame. Did you take the slide apart just before this failure occurred?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    After looking at mine more closely, I have 2 observations. Does the extractor plunger move freely? I mean really easy to push down? Secondly look for scuff marks where you barrel locks into the frame. These are the only 2 spots that I can see on mine that would cause a binding issue at the same point your video shows.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Here's a screen capture of your original video. Look at the spot where the arrow is pointing. Is that a burr on the slide?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This can be normal for a new striker fired pistol. When the slide goes into battery after firing, the recoil spring pressure is countered by the striker spring pressure as the trigger bar catches the striker and holds it, this effectively reduces the forward pressure on the slide to a couple lbs at most. The resistnce in that spot from the barrel being cammed into battery, bar hitting the striker block safety, and normal friction can exceed the difference in pressure between the 2 springs, and make it stop. Obviously if you are coming from hammer fired pistols, they cock the hammer on the recoil stroke, and won't have the same trait, strikers cock on the return stroke. When live firing, or properly dropping the slide to chamber a round the inertia of the slide overcomes it, and it will reliably go into battery. A new pistol will have thicker, rougher surfaces and coatings, and add resistance. The remedy is simple though, run a few hundred rounds through it, keep it properly lubed, and it won't have a problem. If it consistently causes a failure to go into battery when firing, after the fist couple boxes and properly lubricating, then there may be another issue, Contact GLOCK and they will make it right.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    It might have been answered already, but if you release the slide normally, without riding it, does it go into battery?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If it is your extractor, it's only out by the slightest. The scratch on the slide is interesting. None of mine have that scratch. I guess it is possible that when it was reassembled incorrectly, there could have been a bind on the extractor and it deformed a little. Is the tip of the extractor smooth or does it have a burr or any roughness to it. Maybe run some emery cloth over it to see it that helps.

Good Luck!

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I just got through this thread and the videos attached within.
    I would send it back to Glock and let them figure it out. I would not have confidence in the pistol until it was seen by glock, But that's me. I wouldn't attempt shooting it in this condition in fear of making matters worse.....again that's me, which may be over cautious.
    I'm curious have you tried a snap cap and tried releasing the slide by using the slide stop lever only, does it chamber the round properly?

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I took it to Enagage for Garret to take a look at the G30. It passed all of his function tests and he said it was good to go. Thanks Engage! Had it at the range today and, boy, did it run! Very accurate and the recoil is nothing. (Comparibly)

Thanks for all the advice. Now, the next question: Does the G29 have similar recoil?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    depends on the ammo you're shooting. lower power stuff feels like 40 but a little snappier. full power 10 mm is not a soft shooting round.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So what you are saying is that you had nothing done to it and shot it like we all said and it was fine?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    So what you are saying is that you had nothing done to it and shot it like we all said and it was fine?

Yup! But, I added a hands-on opinion to it too.

Better to feel confident now when it's calm than concerned when you really need it.

If my car is running rough, and based on the symptoms described, EVERYBODY said "it's just a little water in the gas line, drive it, it'll be fine", there's certainly nothing wrong with taking it to a mechanic for a hands on analysis. If it stalls on the tracks and a train is coming wouldn't be any skin off our backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom