• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    I own a few. I am hoping to get a few more.

Last edited:

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    1 .22LR Rifle
    2 ARs - currently trying to sell one or both to replace them with other ARs
    1 .22LR Pistol

I'm also currently holding a .22LR rifle I sold to TSS1004 until he comes to pick it up, and I'm picking up a 9mm pistol next Monday.

I don't have a lot of space in the house we're in right now, so I told myself if I get new things, I have to get rid of older things.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Hello Guys,
    The other day my wife was bugging me about the amount of firearms I owned and I tried explaining to her I am a collector and that I like to collect everything except for other women, LOL.
    Well, I started counting everything that I own or I am holding for a family member or looking at buying but I have it in my possession.

My question to you is how many firearms do you own?
    I just want a simple count so that I can have more ammunition for defending my hobby when I am talking to my wife or any other skeptic.

Thanks,

Gmanrules

That is a number that I don't think I want to post publicly but it's substantial. They will all fit into a sports wagon though... It would qualify on most news broadcasts as an "arsenal", meaning I own more than a bolt action .22 and a .22 pistol.

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    You see there was this boating accident so most of my collection is lost.:innocent0
    Sorry to hear about the boating accident. I just had a friend who's house burned down last week but his collection was spared for the most part. However It's going to take 6-7 months for them to rebuild his house.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Sorry to hear about the boating accident. I just had a friend who's house burned down last week but his collection was spared for the most part. However It's going to take 6-7 months for them to rebuild his house.

:facepalm:

Um, the "boating accident" line is a common joke for us 'round here. When the "authorities" come for your guns, you tell them "I lost them in a tragic boating accident"...

Jamie

P.S. Sorry to hear about your friend...

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    That is a number that I don't think I want to post publicly but it's substantial. They will all fit into a sports wagon though... It would qualify on most news broadcasts as an "arsenal", meaning I own more than a bolt action .22 and a .22 pistol.

+1

More than the OP and I'll leave it at that.

Here's how you explain it to the wife. Just tell her that if you had $10,000 worth of guns 10 years ago, they would now be worth $15,000. But, if you had $10,000 in a 401k 10 years ago, it's now worth $5,000. Guns are the better investment, hands down. Instead of paying acount managment fees to an investment broker, you pay ammo fees to you local sporting goods store. :D

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    I guess that is what my wife is afraid of. We might get a nosy neighbor see me going to the range one day and soon get a visit from ATF or the local Police and depending on who I am dealing with I am on the news with an Arsenal, even though everything is legal and properly stored. I guess I should ask what number is a number to worry about the ATF knocking on my door?

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    :facepalm:

Um, the "boating accident" line is a common joke for us 'round here. When the "authorities" come for your guns, you tell them "I lost them in a tragic boating accident"...

Jamie

P.S. Sorry to hear about your friend...
    OK,
    That's funny! I was trying to figure that one out. I was thinking house boat on one of the rivers around hear. He had me going.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I guess that is what my wife is afraid of. We might get a nosy neighbor see me going to the range one day and soon get a visit from ATF or the local Police and depending on who I am dealing with I am on the news with an Arsenal, even though everything is legal and properly stored. I guess I should ask what number is a number to worry about the ATF knocking on my door?

When your collection reaches four digits, you might get a visit. I personally only own 18 firearms, but I'll probably hit 20+ by this time next year.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom