• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dev looks nice

Thanks, I hope you are enjoying yours as well. I just got the Blackhawk P90 sling adaptor for it. I didn't realize it at the time of purchase it was made for an airsoft gun but it seems to work ok. I would not trust it as a permanent solution but since it was cheap it will do for now.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Back from the range and this gun has become my new favorite. This is the best tactical .22 I have shot and I have shot others which were nice but not as nice as this.

I will say that the 90/22 is not a bench gun, not horrible but a bit awkward. Also hot brass will skim across your arm at times.

Once it was sighted in I shot standing up and it came to life. The Ruger guts cycled smooth. One of the best parts is charging the handle as it felt and sounded like a real submachine gun.
    It did get the attention of a few as I heard mumbling in the background with a Black ops reference or two.

If any of you are in two minds about this let me say this kit is built like a tank with tight tolerances but at the same time I do not foresee any reliability issues.

The only disappointment is the stock Ruger trigger as it's too heavy and creepy. A trigger job is in order and it will just get better and better with unlimited aftermarket to improve the guts.

sunjester

Apr 3, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 140

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I'm thinking about getting one of these...curious if anyone knows how a standard scope would be on these. Enough room for the mount and proper eye relief? Something I could use for target or chuck hunting.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I'm thinking about getting one of these...curious if anyone knows how a standard scope would be on these. Enough room for the mount and proper eye relief? Something I could use for target or chuck hunting.

I seen a picture or a YouTube video somewhere with a scope attached. I think your eye relief would depend on the quality of the scope but from the distance of the eyes where your cheek weld is placed I think it should be fine.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I finally got my 90/22 back together again after I got my trigger back from Brimstone Gunsmithing .

The trigger was set to 2.25 LBS pull with no creep and with the bullpup attached it feels like a two stage with take up from the external trigger and then hitting a wall before it breaks. It feels more like a 3lbs trigger and it is just the way I want it so its not too light.

I added a Kidd extractor, polished the contact surfaces on the bolt and receiver and added a Kidd recoil spring guide rod which is much smoother then the factory. To top it off I added a polymer buffer to quiet the action.

Now its time to test it for long term reliability before cleaning.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I seen a picture or a YouTube video somewhere with a scope attached. I think your eye relief would depend on the quality of the scope but from the distance of the eyes where your cheek weld is placed I think it should be fine.

Thought it would work, just looked a little "tight" for good eye relief, but I'm not used to bullpup rifles. Thanks, I think I can make it work.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Right after you posted I cheek welded my gun and could see there is plenty of room for adjustment. I would say as much a rifle would give you if not more.

As far a bullpup rifles go I don't find any drawbacks except for trigger feel which can be sorted out with a good trigger job.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Thanks for that. I don't think my trigger is too bad, or maybe I'm used to it. Had that 10-22 since sometime in '72 so I guess its broke in.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks for that. I don't think my trigger is too bad, or maybe I'm used to it. Had that 10-22 since sometime in '72 so I guess its broke in.

It's probably is broken in however keep in mind that it will get heavier and creepier when you add it in conjunction with the HTA trigger which is connected with a rod to press the Ruger trigger. Apart from that it's a very solid gun and fun to shoot.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Just got my stock in, so far pretty impressed.

looking forward to first range visit with it.

Congrats :thumbsup:
    Don't be surprised if you get attention at the range.

I shot mine yesterday after trigger and bolt work and it made a world of difference.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I went to a place where I could rapid fire the weapon and I'm happy to report that with the changes made to the internals the gun with the trigger job will expend it's 25 rounds so fast that it makes me sad that I have run out of ammo.
    I also tested to see how accurate the weapon is at 25yards standing and none of the shots went out of the 9 ring which is impressive. I also did a few transitions between targets and the story is the same.
    I do not thing I can pull off groups like this using a standard configuration and so far I have not had one FTF, FTE or any malfunction using one brick of federal bulk.
    I then tried the crappy Winchester .22 that is known to have reported reliability problems and it ate 150 rounds with out a problem.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I just got done painting the upper half and the end of the butt stock to look like the real deal.

Much better now.

IMG_5681.jpg

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    I've been debating if it was worth getting one of these or not. This thread has certainly screamed "JUST F-ING BUY IT!!" at me.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I've been debating if it was worth getting one of these or not. This thread has certainly screamed "JUST F-ING BUY IT!!" at me.

It's not a very hard decision but if you want more convincing let me say that 90/22 feels exactly like a SBR without the stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom