• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Looked at the articles on the new ones...wowza....that is one fine looking firearm! Now just comes the dilemma of hoping their release drives down the price of the 805 and just go with one of those or hold out for the 762x39 or 308 one!

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Hi there, does anyone here own the Bren S1 carbine? I just acquired one and I am having some challenges with it. Don't want to sound like some newbie so much, but I am baffled as to why it won't fire. It's brand new. Charging handle does not go all the way to the rear, from the slot to the rounded part that looks like a locking part. Thanks in advance.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Hi there, does anyone here own the Bren S1 carbine? I just acquired one and I am having some challenges with it. Don't want to sound like some newbie so much, but I am baffled as to why it won't fire. It's brand new. Charging handle does not go all the way to the rear, from the slot to the rounded part that looks like a locking part. Thanks in advance.

The circle at the back of the slot is not for locking it open. It’s for removing the charging handle during maintenance to remove the bolt carrier or to switch the charging handle to the opposite side. The charging handle does not pull back the entire length of the slot during normal operation of the gun due to the recoil spring. You have to remove the stock and recoil spring to pull the charging handle all the way back in the slot.

As far as not firing goes make sure the gun is unloaded, charge it, and try dry firing it. Does the trigger pull and does the hammer release?

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Hammer does release. I called CZ USA, they walked me thru a variety of things. I will try again at range, if still nothing they are sending me a prepaid slip to mail back for warranty fix. So fingers crossed it works, but I know CZ will make it right if needed.

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    FYI Gym Ratz has a used FDE with KNS front MLOK rails & Charging handle and large grip backstrap for sale. $1350.

Attachments

• 20181220_141811.jpg
      20181220_141811.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 199

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads