• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Spending next week at Bethany and looking for local gun stores.

Any recommendations?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    There is a gun store in south bethany - Hook Em and Cook Em outfitters. Good guys.

Gun store on the way in off 26 by 113 I forget what it is called.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Lighthouse Guns & Gear. Haven't been there yet, but it is always recommended on this board. Just outside Fenwick about 5 miles

ctb766

Apr 8, 2014
    I too will be in Bethany next week on vacation. Is there an easy way to sell higher capacity magazines while in Delaware? I have two xdm 45 (13rd) and two Mecgar SigP226 (18rd) mags, as well as three 30rd Magpul AR mags. All brand new, would be interested in selling, but cant post them to Craigslist or on MDShooters Classifieds.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    There is a gun store in south bethany - Hook Em and Cook Em outfitters. Good guys.

Gun store on the way in off 26 by 113
    I forget what it is called.

Delmarva Law Enforcement Supply
    320-448-6946
    They carry a big selection of mags.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Been there a few times, have a place right down the street. Never bought anything, but they have been pleasant during my visits!

I have a house in Bethany and stop in the Delmarva shop often. The owner, Stuart, is a class act. He will get you any thing you need if he doesn't stock it. He also aware of the MD issues and always has MD compliant firearms.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Larry's is a good shop. Very knowledgeable and probably one of the largest and best selections of high end shotguns anywhere in the world.[ I work in the gun industry and I'm not kidding.]

Steele's in DE are nice people too.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    320-448-6946

Call for their hours. I remember stopping in there once, they were closed. IIRC the hours were all over the place.

Lighthouse guns n gear is awesome. Just up 54 from Coastal highway.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Google Sporting Goods, lots of backyard shops on DelMarVa. Or save time an go to Steele's.

Depending on your route, on your way down to Bethany, you can swing by Branchy's gun shop near Trap Pond State Park in Laurel, DE. He operates out of a separate garage building behind his house, but has stuffed an amazing number of guns and reloading supplies into a very small space. I always enjoy stopping by to see what new inventory of used firearms he's acquired since my last visit. Since it's a part-time business, I suggest calling ahead to find out hours that week.

JoeR

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    320-448-6946

Purchased 5 g19 magazines, price wasn't bad, when u consider shipping and tax.
    Looked at a few uppers and got into a debate on uppers. It is my understanding that only HBAR uppers in .223|5.56 are legal. He was adamant that if it is a upper only for .223|5.56 anything is okay by MD law.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Purchased 5 g19 magazines, price wasn't bad, when u consider shipping and tax.
    Looked at a few uppers and got into a debate on uppers. It is my understanding that only HBAR uppers in .223|5.56 are legal. He was adamant that if it is a upper only for .223|5.56 anything is okay by MD law.

And he was correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom