• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Selling a house. Buyers lender/appraiser is requesting that a "contractor" inspect the porch because it has a lean away from the house. It was like that when I bought it 13 years ago and passed inspection at the time. I assume the appraiser meant a structural engineer. Anyone licensed and willing to come take a look? Home located in 21225.
    I'll need a write-up with the findings. PM me.

Thank you,
    Steve

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Selling a house. Buyers lender/appraiser is requesting that a "contractor" inspect the porch because it has a lean away from the house. It was like that when I bought it 13 years ago and passed inspection at the time. I assume the appraiser meant a structural engineer. Anyone licensed and willing to come take a look? Home located in 21225.
    I'll need a write-up with the findings. PM me.

Thank you,
    Steve

I’m not licensed or even knowledgeable but I’ll be able to beat any quote you get by 20%.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Jaybeez did a termite damage inspection on a house I sold for my grandparents. He can either tell you what's up or direct you elsewhere

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    You location may be a factor. Theres a structural PE in Annapolis we've used multiple times. David Wallace. If you are familiar with the qualifications to be a P.E. - google it. If you call hime, describe you needs, and talk fees and deliverables up front. I recommended him to a neighbor who screw him years ago. Happy he still takes our calls. Also surprised that (former) neighbor's house hasn't slid into the river.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Attachments

• David-Wallace-in-The-Office-with-money.jpg
      David-Wallace-in-The-Office-with-money.jpg
      62.8 KB · Views: 185

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I'm a real estate agent in Baltimore. I am assuming you are represented by an agent. If so, coordinate with them exactly what you need to do to satisfy the buyer's lender per the terms of the contract. If it's a lender required repair, they need to send you the appraisal with the specific language.

If you are not represented, I can give you some general advice. If they said licensed contractor, that's who I would call. Plenty of licensed contractors will sign off on a structural repair/issue.

If you want to hire a structural engineer, I highly recommend Eric Reuling if he covers that area

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Porches are supposed to pitch away from your house. That's how they shed water.

The appraiser doesn't know what they're talking about. Also this would usually fall under the home inspection. That's when repairs must be verified by a contractor

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Thanks everyone. A licensed contractor came out, inspected, and signed off on the porch with no issues. I appreciate all the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom