• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Can anyone provide information on this comparison? I assume they will be very similar. I dont think i would mind the added thickness to the 43x and i assume it would be absolutely possible for the aftermarket companies to make a magazine to fit in the 43x that would hold 12 or 13 rounds easily...

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Hi Dizzle. People are already writing about the two new glocks, the 43x and the 48. the 43x is a 43 with a lengthened grip about an inch and a Single stack 10 rd mag. The 48 is a 43x with a lengthened slide. I would think the x is a bit harder to conceal with the longer butt, but is the x thicker than the 43? Idoubt you would notice much of a difference in thickness for carry bewtween the 43 and the 365. It’s nominal. I have shot the 365 and picking it up cold it points nicely and i shot it fine on steel, rapid fire. If you get either, write up your experience.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hi Dizzle. People are already writing about the two new glocks, the 43x and the 48. the 43x is a 43 with a lengthened grip about an inch and a Single stack 10 rd mag. The 48 is a 43x with a lengthened slide. I would think the x is a bit harder to conceal with the longer butt, but is the x thicker than the 43? Idoubt you would notice much of a difference in thickness for carry bewtween the 43 and the 365. It’s nominal. I have shot the 365 and picking it up cold it points nicely and i shot it fine on steel, rapid fire. If you get either, write up your experience.

If I was lucky enough to have a CCW I would carry a 43 with TLR6, mag would be stock length with Magguts insert (7 rounds) and a GeePlate base plate. Back up mags would have Vickers +2 on them (8 rounds). I have a friend experimenting at the range with the 43 mags, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 that fits 9 rounds, he wants to run at least 500 rounds through each before declaring them a success.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    If I was lucky enough to have a CCW I would carry a 43 with TLR6, mag would be stock length with Magguts insert (7 rounds) and a GeePlate base plate. Back up mags would have Vickers +2 on them (8 rounds). I have a friend experimenting at the range with the 43 mags, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 that fits 9 rounds, he wants to run at least 500 rounds through each before declaring them a success.

What are your thoughts on the Taran Tactical mags? Seems to be a deal considering how much a Glock or Shield mag is by itself. Then TT max extender/base plates come in purtier colors to boot.

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Have both - they are both great shooters with a very slight deference to the Glock 43 with a Ghost connector. Both have a high vis front sight. The P365 has been quite reliable - no issues with over 500 rnds through it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    What are your thoughts on the Taran Tactical mags? Seems to be a deal considering how much a Glock or Shield mag is by itself. Then TT max extender/base plates come in purtier colors to boot.

I’ve not heard anything bad about them at all, a bit pricey and probably a bit heavier than the Vickers (I like the Vickers because they match the color and look of the gun and remind me of what a Glock+2 would look like).

For the main mag I think the Magguts with the GeePlate is ideal because it’s as short as stock but with extra capacity and the GP really makes it feel like a bigger gun.

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    What is the height of the P365 with the 12 round magazine and what is the height of the 43x? Are they the same or similar?

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    What is the height of the P365 with the 12 round magazine and what is the height of the 43x? Are they the same or similar?

I recently watched a video comparison between these two, very similar, the p365 was slightly smaller in every dimention,

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    I recently watched a video comparison between these two, very similar, the p365 was slightly smaller in every dimention,

Do you have a link to the video or can you share the title? I would like to watch. Thank you

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Someone posted a good video review of a 365 that sheared it firing pin at 2k rds. Video point was that he always carries with the 12 rd mag cause the 10 is a 2 finger grip. If u use the 12 does itequalize grip length?

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Yeah thats my question too. I asked on several videos, instragram and facebook posts... Also on this magnificent forum :-) No picture to compare yet...

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I carry the P365 daily with the 12 rounder. It conceals well and I personally have had no reliability issues with it after 500+ rounds. I have no experience with the 43x

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Someone posted a good video review of a 365 that sheared it firing pin at 2k rds. Video point was that he always carries with the 12 rd mag cause the 10 is a 2 finger grip. If u use the 12 does itequalize grip length?

The 12 rd adds very little to grip length. I notice little difference.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

I have a G 43 with the TLR6 and holster for it. Nice rig. I use Strike Industries +2 extensions. For back up and thr standard Glock 43 mag with the pinky extension for carry on my Utah permit when out of state. It not only conceals well, but shoots excellent.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    glock 43

I have the taran tactical bullet 3 bullet mag extentions for the 43 and love them. Makes it a 11 round firearm with one in the chamber.

I also have the p365 with the 12 round mags. I see little difference in shooting or concealment but when I go out in the morning I always pick the 43. I think the reason is that I have actually shot over 100,000 rounds in various glocks without a hickop. I know I can trust the glock but the sig hasn't had a problem through the first 1000 rounds.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A P365 replaced my previous G27 as my EDC pistol. Have shot the G43, and handled a 43x yesterday. The 43x is large enough it's almost in another category, feels more like a skinny single stack G19 than a tall G43, the 1/2" difference in muzzle length isn't immediately noticeable, especially in a holster, but the grip length feels MUCH larger, at 5" tall it's huge compared to the P365's 4" flat mag, and 4.5" 12rd mag. The 365 also has the floorplate angled forward relative to the slide, gives more finger room with less "heel" on the backstrap to conceal better. IMO the 365 has a better trigger, better sights, and obviously more ammo in a smaller grip, but it is also more versatile. The 365, like the G43 can be a pocket pistol, but with a lot more capacity, then with a 12rd mag it fills the G43X, and arguably the G19s role as a belt pistol, but is smaller and lighter than either. Only real downside was the recall on early models for feeding and firing pin issues, and some claim it is more prone to jam. Mine hasn't had any problems over nearly 1K rounds for the last 6 months I've carried and practiced with it, and seems most have had similar experiences.

this is the best I have found to show a comparison of the 365 vs the 43X

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom