• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I know there is a thread here already, but the title lacks useful information.
    Trying to fix that with this thread. :D

Over 100 tables. Sponsored by and proceeds benefit Harford County Izaak Walton League of America.
    Adults are $10.

Friday 5 pm - 9 pm
    Saturday 9 am – 9 pm
    Sunday 9 am – 3 pm.

Link to the Armory calendar (courtesy of Docster):
    https://www.belairmd.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=3487&month=2&year=2018&day=3&calType=0

Last edited:

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Think of it as $5 for the show, $5 for Izaak Walton?

Could be easier to get around the show if more people balk at the price. It's usually so packed I can't even see the tables!

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    I'll be there. Leaving for business on Sunday morning so I'll miss the Sunday haggle-deals but I missed frederick's due to illness so I won't miss this one!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sunday may be the time to go to this show. Isn't that Super Bowl Sunday? This may cut down on the baby stroller crowd.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    nice show

How many shows have you attended? I wouldn't classify this as a nice show. It's small, expensive to attend for the type of show that it is and parking can be an absolute pain. The Fudds come out in all their glory, both sellers and buyers. Then you have the 2 or 3 dads who think that this is a great show to bring their child in the STROLLER.

I go to support the community and that's it. In all the years I've been going, I've bought 1 22lr lever action rifle for my nephew to use.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Maybe the colder temps will keep the smell down from all the stinky people.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    i have attended many shows over the years, its a nice show yes small but has nice older guns and knifes not all black guns and home defense stuff I get sick off all that crap at shows. picked up a nice browning a5 my first time there. its hit or miss I was there the year with all the strollers that made it hard to get around but hey the kids might grow up shooters mine did.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I'll be there. Leaving for business on Sunday morning so I'll miss the Sunday haggle-deals but I missed frederick's due to illness so I won't miss this one!

Does much last-day haggling actually take place? Given the age and prices on some items which seem to be on a dealer's table every show, do the dealers actually feel pressure to move along an item which has been sitting in their inventory for a while?

Sunday may be the time to go to this show. Isn't that Super Bowl Sunday? This may cut down on the baby stroller crowd.

This show seems to end up on Super Bowl Sunday every year. Perhaps deliberately to make visitors head out the door, and dealers pack up faster, on time on the last day.

I would think that Friday is the time to visit, good items have not been snapped up, and since Friday is a workday for most the crowds should be smaller.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    $10 admission?
    I guess the bright side is it's $2 less than Chantilly. :innocent0

Yeah...this is more of a socializing and support your local _______ type of event than a calculated cost vs return investment. I seldom buy anything but, since Bel Air is my local...whatever...I don't mind not coming out ahead financially. :shrug:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    We (Blue Fins) has a glow in the dark Glock 42 in stock. Night sights extra.

Attachments

• 20180202_200447.jpg
      20180202_200447.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 270

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I walked into the gun show at 5pm. Walked out at 6pm with a Remington 12C Gallery Special in 22 short, 22rifle and 22 long rifle. It's got some funky date codes on the barrel, but what is really strange is it only has a 4 digit serial number on the receiver, RW92xx. octagon barrel, pistol grip and crescent buttstock. I rate the rifle as a good 75-80% No rust anywhere, but a few dings. Only paid $475, so I think I stole the rifle.

There was an International Harvester 4.5 million Garand for only $675. As soon as I saw it, I picked it up and wouldn't let it down. I checked it out. It wasn't in too bad of shape. Then I asked for a bore light and I knew immediately why it was so cheap. I could barely make out the lands and groves because of all of the rust. I put it down and walked away a very sad shopper.

But I did buy 3 raffle tickets for a rebuild Garand. Wish me luck! Maybe I'll have better luck with that Garand. :thumbsup:

Saw Dave from Blue Fin and talked to the gang for some time. For what it is, it was a decent show. I keep telling myself its for a good cause.

I hope those who went tonight, found something of interest.

EDIT: Here's a crappy cell phone picture of the rifle.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    It was the first time I was there. I was surprised at the lack of smaller private collectors. I would think at a small show like that there would be more. I got there at 9 am when they opened and was able to score an old Hardware Store Shotgun from the late 1800s for $100.

It took a couple of hours to break her down and scrub oil and clean but she turned out very nice.

zRVVC4x.jpg

I was a little concerned though when the guy told me that it would shoot modern ammo just fine when it was clearly a laminated twist barrel. I reload black powder 12 gauge so it's no big deal, but he honestly could have hurt someone.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It was the first time I was there. I was surprised at the lack of smaller private collectors. I would think at a small show like that there would be more. I got there at 9 am when they opened and was able to score an old Hardware Store Shotgun from the late 1800s for $100.

It took a couple of hours to break her down and scrub oil and clean but she turned out very nice.

zRVVC4x.jpg

I was a little concerned though when the guy told me that it would shoot modern ammo just fine when it was clearly a laminated twist barrel. I reload black powder 12 gauge so it's no big deal, but he honestly could have hurt someone.
    Great deal . I hate to think that some uninformed person could have bought it and injured himself with modern Ammo. Did you inform the seller of his error?

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    Great deal . I hate to think that some uninformed person could have bought it and injured himself with modern Ammo. Did you inform the seller of his error?

Yeah, I tried to not look like this though.

bklj3qP.png

I said that these older twist barrels really shouldn't be fired with modern ammo because smokeless wasn't really a thing yet when these were made . Even using black powder I wouldn't even try a heavy load just because of what these old shotguns were used for. 60 grains of FF is about as much BP is I'm ever going to put through it.

He didn't seem angry or anything just kind of nodded. I don't think he really care due to the fact that I bought it right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom