• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I've had good luck with eBay. I've bought from this guy TR holsters before. Good stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190410-202501_eBay.jpg
      Screenshot_20190410-202501_eBay.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 628

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Also "carhauler2034" is a seller I bought this of holster. I got a Gcode rti plate to put it on a battle belt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190410-203218_eBay.jpg
      Screenshot_20190410-203218_eBay.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 608

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have TLR-1/2s mounted on my PF940 and PF940C frames, so the two I use are:
    1. Custom RHT holster in 34 length for Roland Specials using Blade-Tech Tek-Lok attachment.
    2. Blackhawk Omnivore TLR

The RHT cost a chunk of change, but it's utterly fantastic, and I often use it for pistol classes. The Omnivore was cheaper and rides on my battle belt for rifle classes (since it has active retention).

I am still figuring out my PF940SC. Might have to order a custom job with Squared Away Customs Zulu or something like that... I'd like to do appendix carry, but have specific light/laser requirements, it has an RMR, and I need pull-the-dot loops (I don't trust clips).

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    If you want to go cheap, the 10mm/45 size glock factory holster fits the g17 frame p80 damn near perfectly. I either did nothing or some light buffing on mine, cant remember.

Definitely not as nice as what others are showing but you can usually get them for $12 or less online.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    If you want to go cheap, the 10mm/45 size glock factory holster fits the g17 frame p80 damn near perfectly. I either did nothing or some light buffing on mine, cant remember.

Definitely not as nice as what others are showing but you can usually get them for $12 or less online.

What a great idea! I've ordered the "GLOCK Sport Combat Holster" for $12.12. I'm curious to see what the fit and retention will be like.

eurocarnut

Jul 28, 2010
    I don't know about the full size but the alien gear glock 19 shell fits the PF940C just fine.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    What a great idea! I've ordered the "GLOCK Sport Combat Holster" for $12.12. I'm curious to see what the fit and retention will be like.

You got the 10mm/45 size, correct? You need the larger frame holster for the way that the p80s are designed.

I just looked and i didnt have to modify anything. I did a tiny cutout for the extended mag release and put heat on the belt attachment areas to mold it more to my body.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    Found my original post on the glock holster in the p80 thread:

For those interested in a cheap OWB holster option - the factory Glock Sport Combat holster works with these pretty well!

I ordered the larger one (for .45/10mm) after reading a few posts saying that the P80 frames usually require larger holsters and the G17 P80 frame clicked in well. There is a little bit of top end slop but just a tiny bit (a lot less than putting a gen 4 G23 in there). Can flip it over and shake it pretty hard without the gun coming out.

*Edited to add* - if you decide to get one of these, definitely get the large frame one because once it's on your belt, the retention tightens up a bit (as the plastic is soft/pliable). Mine is on the tighter side of "good" retention once on my belt. That leads me to believe that the smaller frame holster would definitely be too tight.

Best part is that it was only ~$12 shipped from Amazon here. Good reviews and quite a bit of mod options out there on youtube.

Note that I have the extended mag release so I did cut out a little channel in the plastic to accommodate that. It did fit stock but there was enough pressure on the mag release that just a little more would cause the mag to drop. Cutting the plastic was easy with a knife - just a few minutes of time to complete.

After watching a few YT vids, I took a lighter to the belt "flaps" of mine and molded them inwards to be more contoured to my body. Quick and easy to do!

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    So you can't use a regular glock 17 holster because of the rail on the P80's, right?

I think the answer to this is "yes" if its a holster molded for the G17. The P80 frame is different enough in all of the right areas that it wont fit. It wouldnt fit in my molded gen 4 glock 23/19 frame holster for example.

If the holster is more of an non-molded "universal" style holster then it may or may not fit depending on how tight the holster fits the G17 frame. The rails stick out a bit more and some other areas may be different dimensions on the P80.

The cheapo glock sport holster worked well enough for my needs that I don't see the need to spend more $$$ on something custom. That said, I'm sure the options presented earlier in the thread are very nice (and not too crazy, price-wise).

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    You got the 10mm/45 size, correct? You need the larger frame holster for the way that the p80s are designed.

I just looked and i didnt have to modify anything. I did a tiny cutout for the extended mag release and put heat on the belt attachment areas to mold it more to my body.

Yes, I got the larger one.

That's good news you didn't have to modify anything. I used the standard mag release given the indented area on the P80. So I might not even have to make the cutout.

What do you use to apply the heat? I've heard of using a butane torch but that there are better ways.

ETA: I see you mentioned using a lighter in your subsequent post. I've read it's good to apply the heat on the part you want to be more convex. I.e., apply heat to side A if you want side B to conform more to your body. I'll try that unless something else worked better for you.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, I got the larger one.

That's good news you didn't have to modify anything. I used the standard mag release given the indented area on the P80. So I might not even have to make the cutout.

What do you use to apply the heat? I've heard of using a butane torch but that there are better ways.

The plastic is very pliable. I used a lighter but a heat gun would probably be better if you have one.

If not, lighter will work. Just distribute the heat evenly or you'll get spots. Ask me how I know... :lol2:

eurocarnut

Jul 28, 2010
    I don't know about the full size but the alien gear glock 19 shell fits the PF940C just fine.

I'd like to add that the aliengear G26 holster works for the PF940SC as well! I've also got a cheap no-name kydex g26 holster that also works for the PF940SC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom