• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Already have 4 inches on the ground at the end of the earth.

Drivers can view the latest road conditions on SHA’s website at www.roads.maryland.gov and clicking “CHART.” Travelers may obtain the latest free traffic and weather information by calling 5-1-1 from a landline or a hands-free mobile device or by logging onto www.MD511.org. Maryland’s 511 service now offers free text and email alerts for most traveled routes through 511Direct – simply register and set your routes and preferences on-line.

The Snow Emergency Plan for St. Mary’s County has been placed into effect on December 9, 2018 at 1630 hours. The quick accumulation of snow was the main factor in implementing the plan. Road conditions will be closely monitored and the Snow Emergency Plan will be lifted when the roads are safe for travel. While in effect, motorists are reminded of the following:

– Travel on snow emergency routes : A person may not drive or attempt to drive a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, on any highway that is designated and appropriately signposted as a snow emergency route and for which a snow emergency has been declared and is in effect, unless the vehicle is equipped with chains or snow tires on at least one wheel at each end of a driving axle.

– Parking on snow emergency routes : A person may not park a vehicle on any highway that is designated and appropriately signposted as a snow emergency route and for which a snow emergency has been declared and is in effect. The Department of State Police or the police of any political subdivision of this State may have any vehicle parked in violation of this subsection towed from the highway.

The snow emergency plan will remain in effect until further notice.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4452...-activated-for-charles-and-st-marys-counties/

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I drove from N. Myrtle Beach to Frederick today. That was one hell of a ride. Had rain until just north of Fayetteville, NC and then it quickly turned to a slushy, snowy mess. We quit counting vehicles that ran off the road when we got to 50 before even reaching the NC/VA border.

All the snow suddenly disappeared just north of where the HOV lanes on I-95 start near Stafford, VA.

My wife is still traumatized. :lol2: :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    We just got an inch or so.. stopped for now..

bf73489bb1d93c201302ae5a4cb80dda.jpg

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Have about .25 of slush on driveway that will likely freeze overnight.

Calvert County schools made decision to close tomorrow 12/10

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My brother lives near Smith Mountain lake and they got about 14”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Drat! Here in Annapolis I have a two year old snow blower that has been used but once! Not a flake on the ground this morning. (except me) C'mon! Bring it on!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My purchase of a new multi-fuel generator has, as predicted, prevented an entire snow storm from encroaching into Montgomery County.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    My purchase of a new multi-fuel generator has, as predicted, prevented an entire snow storm from encroaching into Montgomery County.

I have a 17KW propane genny that prevents trees from falling on power lines here in southern Maryland. :)

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Drat! Here in Annapolis I have a two year old snow blower that has been used but once! Not a flake on the ground this morning. (except me) C'mon! Bring it on!

I predict you will end up using it sooner or later. I bought 1 yrs ago and it sat in my garage for a few yrs and then we had the back-to-back 2' and 3' snows, prob 2010ish? I wanted to marry that thing afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom