• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I don't know this young man, but thought his accomplishments should be noted on the board somewhere so thought locally here would be a good start. 4-H shooting team member accepted to the Naval Academy from Queen Anne's County, started on the team at age 7. Congrats young sir.

https://www.myeasternshoremd.com/qa...cle_0ec81821-62a3-5617-9992-6facad0eb540.html

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Mason is a fantastic young man. My daughters club has shot against the QA program for years and they run a great team

For those looking to intro their children to the shooting sports, the QA program has sent several athletes on to shoot in college.

Mason, USNA
    Nash, USNA
    McKenna, Jacksonville State
    David, Jacksonville State
    Zach, Jacksonville State
    Erin, OleMiss

ETA: Morgan, WVU

Nash and McKenna graduated this year so the program has consistency and. Great cadre of volunteer coaches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    We should be strongly supporting the QA program, and any others that introduce youth to the shooting sports while they are young. What other youth-shooting-sports groups are there in MD and VA?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    We should be strongly supporting the QA program, and any others that introduce youth to the shooting sports while they are young. What other youth-shooting-sports groups are there in MD and VA?

Great point.

These are the programs I know about. Listing them now and will go find reach information once I get back to my computer

- QA 4H - air rifle / 3p smallbore
    - Damascus IWLA - air rifle / 3p smallbore
    - Arlington rifle and pistol club @ AGC - air rifle / 3p smallbore / target sprint
    - Antietam Jr Rifle Club - air rifle / 3p smallbore
    Monumental @ AGC - smallbore

-MONOCACY pistol club has an active youth program which is focused on familiarity and safety, but doesn’t focus on competition 3p

- Cresap has/d a team though coaching seems to be sporadic given work travel requirements

NoVA has a rifle league in the high schools where they shoot air rifle, they practice smallbore on Saturday morning at the NRA range

Acorns - @ Fairfax IWLA - invitation only club for advanced air rifle. 5is is the club where Ginny Thrasher (2016 gold medalist) shot before heading to WVU

WV - Mason Dixon JRC based at WVU. This is where my daughter shot her SR year in HS. Best facilities of any in the area as they use WVU Rifle’s range. Both air and smallbore indoors and in conditioned space and on megalink electronic targets.

PA-

Palmyra sportsmen’s association

Everett Rifle Club

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Most counties in MD have a 4-H shooting sports program. The Howard County 4-H Bullseye program shots archery, small bore rifle and shotgun at AGC. The program is safety focused, but MD 4-H does have a statewide tournament for each discipline and sends a shotgun team to the 4-H Nationals, usually in Grand Island, NE. Many good shooters have come out of the program with several getting college scholarships.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Most counties in MD have a 4-H shooting sports program. The Howard County 4-H Bullseye program shots archery, small bore rifle and shotgun at AGC. The program is safety focused, but MD 4-H does have a statewide tournament for each discipline and sends a shotgun team to the 4-H Nationals, usually in Grand Island, NE. Many good shooters have come out of the program with several getting college scholarships.

FREDERICK county’s 4-H shooting program is heavily trap focused. They routinely shoot at Thurmont

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I know Kent County 4H does 3p rifle and air rifle as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom