• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEAT

May 3, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Finally made it by the counter the other day, pretty small selection. Couple 1911's, few glocks, S&W MP series guns. They did have a FN scar that cost an arm and a leg. Overall happy to see them being sold there, but I would never consider them as a first stop over one of the IP's.

Also all magazines were 10 rd, I heard rumors of high caps but that seems to be nothing more than rumors

HoCoRes

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    The standard capacity mags were in the tactical store across from clothing sales. I never saw any std mags in the Main PX. I didn't see any std mags when I stopped by the tactical store today.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I was there a few days ago. they have been selling quite a few pistols. And I don't think they are reordering inventory because they had far less than they used to have. I heard it is a lot of retirees going in there and buying it up. It always makes me laugh when they sells glocks at retail when everyone who is able to shop at the PX qualifies for much lower blue label pricing.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    What's this blue label pricing you speak of? Would the PX not honor it if it is available to military members?

Blue label is open to Military and first responders. The gun cases are actually sold as blue label so the PX wouldn't match. Prices are a lot better. Glock 17 runs 425 with 3 mags.

cmb286

Mar 6, 2015
    Blue label is open to Military and first responders. The gun cases are actually sold as blue label so the PX wouldn't match. Prices are a lot better. Glock 17 runs 425 with 3 mags.

They are working on joining the program... but all of the PX's have to be enrolled

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    there pricing is a little strange.. a m&p40c was $355. and a m&p9c was $415. they something about its when they get them and how long they sit...
    they do the $20 internal lock deal too. but no tax.

CXD Arms

Feb 27, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    there pricing is a little strange.. a m&p40c was $355. and a m&p9c was $415. they something about its when they get them and how long they sit...
    they do the $20 internal lock deal too. but no tax.

They had a M&P9c for $325 (or close to) when they first started selling but when I asked last week about that, they said it was a special intro price from their wholesale dealer.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    BE AWARE that some of the salesmen do NOT know their stuff. Asked for two boxes of 357 magnum and 38 special +p. He handed me two boxes of 357 mag and two boxes of 38 super auto. I said "that's not 38 special" and he said "Sure it is." I replied, "No it's not. It's an entirely different cartridge with different pressures." He continued to try to tell me it was 38 special +p. I asked to speak to the supervisor and the supervisor told him the same thing I said. If you're foolish enough to believe them or just aren't educated in the proper names of ammunition types, be aware that if you do purchase it then find out later it's not correct, you CANNOT return it for a refund. I will say that they did have a number of boxes of 17 winchester super magnum available, which i swooped on immediately.

PX employees have a high turn over, if you notice that employee is still working there and still not understanding some really important basics like this, please let me know.

They had a M&P9c for $325 (or close to) when they first started selling but when I asked last week about that, they said it was a special intro price from their wholesale dealer.

Who knows, AAFES does get some special deals, and I've found over a couple decades; that sometimes they intentionally or accidentally give folks who can shop there special deals. Just keep in mind, it's designed primarily for military members to be a convince, especially for the junior ranks that shop 'on-post' first. After that, the next biggest benefit is giving a percentage of their profits to MWR (junior military Moral, Welfare, and Recreation). At the end of the day, most of what they sell (guns or otherwise) is well meaning. It a non-profit at the end of the tax year.

I still recommend first buying from Maryland dealers, because in Maryland we are in a struggle, and helping local shops helps us all more in the long run. Supervisors at the PX tell me they are selling plenty, and FGGM firearms sales are brisk and will likely stay for a long time - also good news.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    They have been saying they were going to become a Glock Blue dealer for months, but as mentioned it seems all the PX's in the country have to become Blue at the same time. Another reason to respect the Marines, they figured this out years ago! However, can't buy in VA so does me no good.

The times I have stopped in there it was standard PX "service", which is to say little to none.

I would also go to an IP long before I bought anything there. I was only interested in the blue deal with them since it was convenient for me and a good price. Going to the Cop Shop in B'more twice would be difficult and really miserable for me given just how much I really, really, really, hate B'more.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Thinking of running down to the PX today to finally check the gun counter. Just for grins did a Google search and the number one, top page link was this thread. :) MDS rocks even ar the PX.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Yes, during their Black Friday sale. Yesterday I cruised past the gun counter, they have a revolver sale going on now.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Anyone bought anything lately from there?

I purchased a 19X when they were on sale, plus 10% off for using "Military Star" credit card. After all the discounts and zero tax, it was the same pricing as Blue Label.

Their normal firearm prices are too friggin high, the key is wait for one of their sales, plus 10% card discount. Otherwise you are spending toooooooooo much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom