• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    40519803_1859927437427151_1191246056134803456_n.jpg

If you have plans on a new HK, act now or see ya next year. Glad I picked up my SK when I did.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Suddenly, I don't feel so dumb for picking-up two VP9SK's recently - one in FDE and the other in black.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Their at times seemingly reluctant support for their civilian market has left me on the fence about HK. No doubt they make good stuff though

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    S&W just posted profits for third Q driving stock up. Ruger, too. Manuf who were caught with too much inv and no demand followin election have learned to control inv. This seems like an example. Will it be the new trend?until they get caught with no inventory and huge demand?

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    That's good for them. But, makes me think they don't make enough to sell. The VP series is a hot seller. The Vp9sk has been a sleeper.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It seems manufacturers are introducing new models like car manufacturers. Trying to out introduce each other. HK has always separated civilians and LE/Mil customers. More emphasis for the later.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Now if only they would let us have more rifle’s. Give us the good stuff! I bet MP5’s and G36’s would sell out quickly here.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Seems like the typical German marketing model. At least from my experience with Mercedes-Benz.

Make a good product, price it to the upper areas of what consumers are willing to pay, and then let production take a break to keep the demand (and pricing) up.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Pretty good strategy. Publicly announce that your production for a product can't keep with with the demand. Demand increases immediately, increase production and/or prices. Make mo money.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Now if only they would let us have more rifle’s. Give us the good stuff! I bet MP5’s and G36’s would sell out quickly here.

They sell the G36 to Canada, if they were to import it as a 16 Inch pistol like B&T is doing without a stock they could do it. I'd love to see them make a pistol version of the Mp7 but that's a pipe dream.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They sell the G36 to Canada, if they were to import it as a 16 Inch pistol like B&T is doing without a stock they could do it. I'd love to see them make a pistol version of the Mp7 but that's a pipe dream.

Civilian sales of an MP7 (in any form) would be a pipe dream.

But it's nice to dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom