• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I saw that the Hornady Powder Dispenser is on sale for $150 and the RCBS Chargemaster is on sale with deals for $200. Does anyone have any experience with the Hornady Unit? I have seen mainly good reviews for the RCBS unit (including the straw trick) and was wondering if it is worth the extra money?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    When I was looking, I believe that the RCBS was certainly an easier clean up than the Hornady but its been a long time ago.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've tried both and stuck with the Hornady. I haven't used the latest model however that is set up with the powder reservoir and scale front to back like the RCBS. The ones I have used were side-to-side which is how I prefer the layout.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    While I have a Chargemaster, I don't consider it to be much different from the Hornady. It is a tool. Hornady makes good tools. So does RCBS. Buy either with confidence.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After most of the reviews/videos I'd read/watched, I wound up going with the ChargeMaster combo.

So far, I haven't regretted spending a bit more for it, compared to the Hornady. Throws have been on the money 98% of the time, the 2% that have been off - were off by no more than .2gr, they just got dumped back into the hopper - and that's with an extruded stick powder (H4350), which can be a little "uncooperative".

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Don't own either dispenser, but keep an eye on the RCBS rebate if you go the RCBS route.

At $299.98, your rebate is $25.00.
    At $299.99, your rebate jumps to $100.00.

Thinking a buyer of one of these dispensers is getting fairly close to the $299.99 mark. Maybe throw in a set of dies or a tool or something else that gets you there.

In effect, the $75.00 rebate jump difference you gain from the extra spend in hitting that $299.99 mark would amount to netting you free product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom