• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    So, I took the plunge and decided to order these Mobil extended non-ported tubes (generic image).

Cost was $90 shipped (on ebay; add them to your watchlist/cart and wait a day - the seller was sending out special discount offers).
    They shipped from Sweden via FedEx Express. Machining looks good. Threads engaged smoothly, and the tube appears to match up well with the barrel.

Their FB page has some videos of the manufacturing process. They speak in one of the videos - I don't recognize the language. I've seen speculation that based upon the price, and the fact that CX makes their shotguns in Turkey, that these may also be made in Turkey.

The surface finish seems good. Knurling is shallow - provides some additional grip, but could be better. Colored aluminum ring came loose when I was removing a tube - a little Loctite will prevent that in future. The case is fine - not great, but it will do. Same for the wrench that comes with the set - it's stamped sheet metal with an over-molded plastic handle.

From their ebay listing:
    Constrictions/inner calibre in inch diameter:
    C Cylinder .723
    IC Improved Cylinder .715
    M Modified .705
    IM Improved Modified .695
    F Full / .685
    Constriction number are nominal. Usually chokes come .003-.005" smaller than listed and expands the first 25 shots towards the given constriction.
    My Factory flush IC measures 0.713 inside diameter (ID) with dial calipers, so I reasonably trust their size chart.

I measured the ID of the tubes I recieved as:
    C: 0.717"
    IC: 0.711"
    M: 0.702"
    IM: 0.691"
    F: 0.678"

A couple of these are more than the 0.003-0.005" undersize that they say. I'm using $30 dial calipers, so grain of salt on the measurements.

This is the first time I've heard of choke tubes expanding slightly during break-in. Does that sound normal? It makes some sense - I just never thought of it before.

I haven't gotten out to shoot with them yet. Just by fit and finish, these seem like a good value. As long as they expand like manufacturer says they will, it seems like sizes will be close to nominal dimensions give. Will hopefully perform well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom