• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Just trying to accommodate everyone possumman. I know the route. All anyone needs to do is follow me. Hell, I'm not even sure I can get the file to my Zip drive right.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So far....

Confirmed:
    1-Me & Mrs. Raineman
    2-Cris & Sue (non MDS'ers)
    3-Stoveman
    4-Andy (& Linda?)
    5-THier
    6-possumman
    7-Reloader
    8-Mrs. DraKhen99
    9-DraKhen99
    10-Doug33w
    11-Dave21042
    12-Alucard0822
    13-GunnyHwy
    14-MEGARMS
    15-Guest of Reloader

Possibles:

Kiwiknoll
    SteveH326
    Shooterhyde

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Unfortunately, I'll have to be counted out for this one. Tried to make it work, but I just have too many things going on. Thanks anyway, Raineman, for putting this together. Looks to be great weather for Saturday, so I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    John, I was able to save my "trail" on a zip drive as a GPX file. Still trying to determine how it works as a "trail" and not a trip on my system.

I'll have it on my zip drive. It takes less than a minute from start to finish.

Hell, I'm not even sure I can get the file to my Zip drive right.

Well...all attempts to get the ride mapped, on a zip drive, and downloaded to my system so that it will follow my chosen route...have failed. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, as I am still very brand new to this system. I just can't figure it out yet.

I'll still have the printed directions for everyone. Other than that, guess you'll just have to follow me.

Sorry Stoveman (and others who wanted me to load it to their system).

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Raineman - I have a GPX file I created that I believe is the route you are planning. If you want to look it over and see if you can import it in to your GPS. PM me with an e-mail address and I can e-mail you the file.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Is this a round trip?

What Stoveman said.

Yes. From the Park & Ride.

As mentioned earlier, plan on about 5 hours give or take, depending of course on how long we stop to look, take pictures (we are definitely going to some "picture worthy" sights), eat lunch, and generally goof off. I will NOT be in a hurry. If people need to split off at some point, no problem, just let us know so we aren't waiting for you at the next turn.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Towns to watch for weather would include Sykesville, Thurmont, and Cascade.

Unless it is a hard steady rain, I plan to be at the rendezvous point, rain gear in tow. Right now, all the locations show it clearing throughout the day remaining cloudy.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Any planned stops at a gas station in the middle part of the trip? or guess a few of us can run to fill up at lunch and get back before folks leave? Looks like around 100 miles planned, so I know I'll have to fill up once. couple other folks might have really limited range too.
    Looks like a great day if it stays dry, but packing rain gear just in case.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Oh, forgot to mention - my buddy Tom from the Flight93 ride *may* be able to join us, and his wife might be riding with him. I'll update when I've heard a definite go/no-go.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom