• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A friend of mine posted a cut and paste article on Facebook this evening that said a new gun ban has been introduced in the Illinois legislature that would ban all firearms capable of accepting removable magazines that held over 5 or 7 rounds including almost all semi-automatic shotguns that could hold five or more rounds and most rifles and pistols. Gun owners that currently own those Firearms would be able to keep them but would have to pay a $25 per gun registration fee and register said Firearms with the Illinois State Police. I did a Google Search and could not find any information on the ban and he did not post a link to the article. Has anyone seen any more information concerning this Draconian and obvious unconstitutional bill? This is what it's coming to anti-gun States like California New Jersey New York Illinois and Maryland will soon fan any new gun sales for any of these firearms and there's nothing that we can do to stop it. Playing defense doesn't work any more ladies and gentlemen. The time is coming when we will have to take off the gloves. Keep your powder dry

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    yeah, reading through the text, no american should ever comply to a "law" like that. It is purely tyrannical in nature and violates our inalienable rights...as well as the constitution.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Didn't know she even existed...but now I do and I will watch and if I like I will put her on my video to watch list. Couples have movie nights...I have "gun video night" Probably have 8 or 10 hosts I like and I try to watch every one of them.

she seems kind of far fetched to me. ive seen a few of her videos. too much doom and gloom for me.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    She's a little over the top prepper sometimes. But, she very well could be right. I think she is in with "Skinny medic" and the guy that left Yeager. There is a full court press from the grabbing left on 2A. The squishy right is -0- help. We may be in for multiple front war for many years.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    There is a full court press from the grabbing left on 2A. The squishy right is -0- help. We may be in for multiple front war for many years.

This has me consolidating calibers and moving from "semi auto" calibers like 45 acp to wheel gun calibers like 45 Colt. If Dems take the Senate and presidency in 2020 you can bet we'll see attempted semi auto bans, aw bans, magazine bans, and more.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    What about a 6 round wheel gun? Doesn't seem so far fetched when you figure their rule would apply to shotguns. Too

In all seriousness. Its a reason to have more semi automatic weapons as opposed to the opposite.

I'd imagine its harder to take a semiautomatic than a revolver. Just sayin.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    These are the kind of people who would call a double action revolver a "semi-auto," because you get a bang each time you pull the trigger.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A couple of things;

Introducing bills and successfully passing them are two different things although Cali and Illinois (and perhaps Maryland) are in their own world

IMHO, noncompliance may best be done low key or at least started that way until we know our true strengths and that of the opposition. How many 2A advocates will wilt at the first house searches, baton introductions or arrests?

I agree that 2A supporter should start fighting fire with fire but as in any war one doesn't start with nuclear options and unlike some of the other radical leftist groups who attack anyone even sometimes their own, we must be more sure of our targets

If there's to be a war, let's engage it intelligently, let the opposition run it emotionally.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    (B) a semiautomatic pistol or any semi-automatic
    7 rifle that has a fixed magazine, that has the capacity
    8 to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

I see no exclusion anywhere for a tube fed 22lr. So a Marlin 60 would be banned, or they remake it once again, now in a 10rd version. It went from 18 to 14 (can really load 15) just because of New Jersey.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If there's a war, who is the enemy? The politician or the people that voted for him?

If there's to be a war, it must be made so expensive that no one will question the victors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Odd how much this sounds like Oregon's proposed ban. You'd almost think there was a shadowy national organization being funded by an arrogant narcissistic left-wing billionaire with a lisp who has an agenda.

Nahhhh.......

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I see no exclusion anywhere for a tube fed 22lr. So a Marlin 60 would be banned, or they remake it once again, now in a 10rd version. It went from 18 to 14 (can really load 15) just because of New Jersey.
    The stupid is everywhere. The new Washington state gun law makes just such a gun an "assault rifle."

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5050.pdf

27)"Assault weapon" means:

(b)A semiautomatic pistol, or a semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition;

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If there's a war, who is the enemy? The politician or the people that voted for him?

If there's to be a war, it must be made so expensive that no one will question the victors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lots of ignorant voters, but still a manageable number of idiot politicians.

Cut off the head, the body will flop around, but it can't do much. Something to think about if it comes to Box 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom