• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Now someone stopped by my store today (I work at the Dicks in wheaton) and told me something VERY interesting but seemed to make no sense. I can't find it online myself right now so I figured I jump on here and ask the what I believe the obvious answer is but of course my enthusiasm gets the best of me.

I was shown online (I forget the site) that an active member of the Military (Active, Reserve, or Guard) may carry a concealed side arm without a permit as long as they hold a Military ID.....the phrasing was a little off but I figured it was worth looking into seeing as he said he has a friend who is in the Marines and carrys without a permit using this as his exception....I really want to get to the bottom of this so that should I run across him again I can tell him otherwise or print out this "rule" and keep a copy on me at all times lol. Thanks in advance!

Sent my application in 5/1. Received a call from MSP today at work to do my interview. She said she spoke with all my references and now just needs to speak with my wife and then she could finish her report and send it on up the line. Being a business owner I gave the best G&S I could come up with but, who knows. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess. Running a business in Baltimore City should be more than enough reason IMO with all the shootings and robberies in this S.H. If you can see the flashing blue lights from your windows you should be automatically approved.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Sent my application in 5/1. Received a call from MSP today at work to do my interview. She said she spoke with all my references and now just needs to speak with my wife and then she could finish her report and send it on up the line. Being a business owner I gave the best G&S I could come up with but, who knows. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess. Running a business in Baltimore City should be more than enough reason IMO with all the shootings and robberies in this S.H. If you can see the flashing blue lights from your windows you should be automatically approved.

You should be fine. I just received mine. Did you submit bank deposits? My app was sent at the end of March. Good luck. Shemp

You should be fine. I just received mine. Did you submit bank deposits? My app was sent at the end of March. Good luck. Shemp

I di submit deposits but mine are mostly checks not cash. Who knows what will happen now. MSP and MD government in general is very unpredictable. I'm sure if there was an ongoing tax associated with it we would all get one no problem. Just seems silly that the Constitution gives me a RIGHT that they can limit or take away at will and some foolish judge sees fit to uphold their unconstitutional ways.:sad20:

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I di submit deposits but mine are mostly checks not cash. Who knows what will happen now. MSP and MD government in general is very unpredictable. I'm sure if there was an ongoing tax associated with it we would all get one no problem. Just seems silly that the Constitution gives me a RIGHT that they can limit or take away at will and some foolish judge sees fit to uphold their unconstitutional ways.:sad20:

Mine were checks also 1 cash deposit. You'll be fine. It took 2 1/2 mos. though
    Keep us posted

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Is it true that once rejected any other state will see the rejection and bar you as a result?

There was some debate about that.

The general consensus is that being denied by a may issue state for not having a reason would not count in a shall issue state.

Of course, being denied for an objective reason would count. (Like being a criminal)

Captbubba

Apr 25, 2013
    Hagerstown
    In the application requirements it mention "Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmicists, etc.". Does anyone know what "etc" entails? Is there a complete list of acceptable professional activities?

RealGlocky

Apr 2, 2013
    salisbury, Md
    I've been interested in gaining a ccw, but I would just be applying as personal protection. Although back in 5/2009 I had a break in and lost a dirt bike. Would this be good enough g&s to support getting approved. What are anyone thoughts?

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I've been interested in gaining a ccw, but I would just be applying as personal protection. Although back in 5/2009 I had a break in and lost a dirt bike. Would this be good enough g&s to support getting approved. What are anyone thoughts?

Not a chance

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I work as a photojournalist at one of the TV stations in Baltimore. I go to a lot of crime scenes and find myself in a lot of high-crime areas often. A little over a year ago I was threatened by a young man who said he had a gun and, long story short, my reporter and I told the cops, they chased him down and had the guy locked up. I talked to a detective and everything. I didn't really receive any paperwork for the case or anything but is this G&S for a ccw?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Now someone stopped by my store today (I work at the Dicks in wheaton) and told me something VERY interesting but seemed to make no sense. I can't find it online myself right now so I figured I jump on here and ask the what I believe the obvious answer is but of course my enthusiasm gets the best of me.

I was shown online (I forget the site) that an active member of the Military (Active, Reserve, or Guard) may carry a concealed side arm without a permit as long as they hold a Military ID.....the phrasing was a little off but I figured it was worth looking into seeing as he said he has a friend who is in the Marines and carrys without a permit using this as his exception....I really want to get to the bottom of this so that should I run across him again I can tell him otherwise or print out this "rule" and keep a copy on me at all times lol. Thanks in advance!

It's true, but conveniently there's some stuff left out:

You have to be on official business, and be authorized to carry said sidearm while carrying out said official business. I have yet to see a soldier/airman/marine/sailor carrying a concealed handgun on official business...

Read the exceptions to the Handgun transportation law in MD for a full understanding.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I work as a photojournalist at one of the TV stations in Baltimore. I go to a lot of crime scenes and find myself in a lot of high-crime areas often. A little over a year ago I was threatened by a young man who said he had a gun and, long story short, my reporter and I told the cops, they chased him down and had the guy locked up. I talked to a detective and everything. I didn't really receive any paperwork for the case or anything but is this G&S for a ccw?

Not a chance in hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom