• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • comecamping

Feb 20, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    It's a shame that the reporter didn't as the State Police spokesman why MD only entered approximately 65 people in the NICS in the last 10 years: 5 felons and 60 people with mental health issues, but took 10 million dollars in federal money to populate the NICS database. What did MD spend the 10 million dollars on? In the same period, Virginia entered 150,000 names in the NICS. I would imagine if MD really tried really hard that it would be able to find more than 5 felons currently residing in prison.

very true. Seem like a complete waste.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yes, establishing primary residence in another state after 20 years of residing is MD is a sad outcome of the oppression MD is now bringing. But WV borders are closer than VA. Selling our property in MD isn't part of the plan. Acquiring relocation property to become primary residence in WV? That's a doable option...:innocent0

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    If Maryland would comply and submit their other 14 background checks to NICS, they could cut out a whole lot of time wasted and do just 1 check.

Alas, I forget that it is the people's job to submit and comply, not the state's

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I tire of posts that say "dupe with watercooler post." Some of us still don't have enough posts to see that forum. (As of posting, I have 44 posts. So I suppose I won't tire of it for too much longer.)

I didn't say which way the merge should go, just that they should be merged.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Courtesy of Clandestine

Thanks for posting. Good story. Glad to finally see some news coverage. Figures it comes from FOX :) The MSP Trooper was accurate, but disingenuously deceptive. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom