• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So last Spring a representative (maybe the president?) from MSI came to speak at our gun club meeting.

"How many people here have a Top Secret Security Clarence?"
    "How Many people here were a victim of the 2015 OPM data breach?"
    "Did you know that you can get a Maryland Handgun Permit?"

Armed with this info, myself along with a guy I work with applied for and received our MD Handgun permit. I just got mine today (my buddy a few months ago). If it had not been for MSI, I would never have known and never attempted to get my CCW.

Needless to say, I am a member. :party29:

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    So last Spring a representative (maybe the president?) from MSI came to speak at our gun club meeting.

Armed with this info, myself along with a guy I work with applied for and received our MD Handgun permit. I just got mine today (my buddy a few months ago). If it had not been for MSI, I would never have known and never attempted to get my CCW.

Are you saying you both received permits because of your top secret clearance or the data breach?

Unrestricted?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Are you saying you both received permits because of your top secret clearance or the data breach?

Unrestricted?

We fell under both categories; so I can't say that JUST one or the or the other works. But those quotes are what I was told.

restrictions:
    "Valid while maintaining employment as an active reserve civilian or contractor employee for the DoD. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law."

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    All I can say is that I am not a rich man but I have thrown a few dollars there way before with no regrets. And I'll probably do so again. We need folks like them fighting these uphill battles in MD.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Good news! Spread the word.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Reading threads like this still put a smile on my face. I was the guy who first brought it up and this board laughed hysterically at me. Then the night of my HPRB hearing, I was called, "the nights entertainment." While everyone was just joking, it did feel good to be the one who put this theory to the test and get issued an unrestricted permit as a result. Im glad others are using it and MSI is now telling people about it.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Reading threads like this still put a smile on my face. I was the guy who first brought it up and this board laughed hysterically at me. Then the night of my HPRB hearing, I was called, "the nights entertainment." While everyone was just joking, it did feel good to be the one who put this theory to the test and get issued an unrestricted permit as a result. Im glad others are using it and MSI is now telling people about it.

oh - well in that case, hats off to you!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    BTW: MSI just sent out an email update about various efforts that included a request for donations. The link takes you to a paypal page. As I noted in another thread, the big red donate button on their site is not working, so it may be best to link to their paypal page if you want to donate.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

I was there, in Pikesville. I hope you are doing well.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And for those of y'all from Northern Maryland , this weekend MSI will be holding forth at the Gun Show at the Bel Air Armory ( proceeds of Show admission to support the conservation mission of the local Izzak Walton Chapter ).

Stop by the MSI Booth, and the friendly volunteers will be be glad to talk with you about MSI and our missions, about W&C topics , our ongoing litigation, the MGA session , any questions about laws regarding firerms ownership, purchasing, transport, etc . Discounted General Memberships are available , as well as the infamous Tip Jar for your generous donations to go 100% for MSI's Legal Fund .

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    We fell under both categories; so I can't say that JUST one or the or the other works. But those quotes are what I was told.

restrictions:
    "Valid while maintaining employment as an active reserve civilian or contractor employee for the DoD. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law."

Great post, thank you. And not to derail the thread, I've read that restriction 100 times and it still makes zero sense, or perhaps it makes perfect sense just like "not disapproved" on a firearm purchase

The way it's worded the permit is valid:

A) While maintaining employment as an active reserve civilian or contractor employee for the DOD
    B) permit valid in Maryland only
    C) permit not valid where firearms are prohibited.

An individual could support Chantilly, Langley, JBAB, etc. all with ..main.. facilities outside Md, but do work routinely at sites, other contractor locations in Md, or SCIFs in Maryland (or anywhere CONUS or OCONUS) but the permit would only be valid in Maryland.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I joined MSI today. We've got to stop these politicians from legislating away our 2A rights!!!

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I also joined today after a very good conversation with an MSI rep regarding testifying on 2/25. I’m just sorry I didn’t join sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am going to disagree that NRA gave up on us. They just don't see Maryland as winnable, and don't have bottomless pockets. They HAVE to pick their battles money wise.

That said, MSI rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom